74. Chapter 74

1008 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

Written August 13 2020
Posted September 19 2020

NEXT UPDATE October 3 2020

When Kaito woke up, his head felt more clear, but it also hurt. Not to mention the fact that he felt exhausted. He peered around curiously, the fancy setup looked vaguely familiar to him, wait. The boy perked up, sitting up on the bed he'd been laying in, this had to be one of the spare rooms in the Hakuba estate.

With his location no longer unknown, Kaito hopped down from the bed and headed towards the door. Judging by the faint light outside it was either late evening or early in the morning. Either way, the superintendent had to have called Ginzo over by now.

Since he knew the layout of the place, the boy headed towards the living room since it seemed like the place that he was most likely to find the inspector at. Actually, it was sort of odd that the guy hadn't been outside the door, Ginzo worried too much about him.

"Took you long enough to wake up" Ginzo huffed when the boy peered around the corner.

A small smile tugged at Kaito's lips "Sorry, things have been kinda hectic lately" At least he hadn't been yelled at.

"How did you get captured so easily?" Misty inquired, her presence somewhat surprised the boy.

"Ah..." Kaito grimaced "I wasn't suited up anymore... And I froze" More like panicked "I'm pretty sure I fainted" It was a bit embarrassing to admit.

Ginzo's brows knit together with worry "You passed out from fear?" That didn't sound healthy at all, not to mention dangerous.

The boy pouted "The Crows are scary, especially when I don't have tricks to hide behind" He was still surprised that he was even alive, Snake seemed too violent to actually let someone go.

Slate softened at the visible fear on the boy's face, it was odd to see Kaito visibly express it without being panicked "I'm glad that you're okay, how do you feel?"

"I feel tired" Kaito admitted softly, hand up to touch his head "And weird" He remembered what happened after leaving the study with Gunter, but not exactly what Gunter had done to change things in his head.

Ginzo eyed the boy curiously, Kaito's movements were different than usual, but not by much "I guess that you sleeping away most of the day won't mess up your sleep schedule then" He still held a firm belief that Kaito should at least try to have a proper sleep schedule.

"Probably not..." Kaito yawned. The inspector almost jumped when he plopped himself up onto the couch and leaned against him, indigo closed so he missed the wide eyed look that the other was giving him.

Okay, this was weird. Why was Kaito initiating friendly touch? That only happened when the boy was truly upset or out of it. He glanced at Misty for some sort clarification but she was just grinning and sending silent 'awws' at him. When Kaito curled up a few minutes later, Ginzo frowned "I think he's asleep" This was weird.

"That's so adorable" Misty's voice was low, not wanting to wake Kaito up "He really trusts you" At Ginzo's confused look she explained "Weren't we just told that Kaito's mental state would be fragile?" At the other's nod she continued "I think that he fact that he went to you means that you make him feel safe" She grinned "He instinctively trusts you, it's so adorable"

"He's heavy..." Kaito was leaning his full weight onto him, the boy was bigger than him at the moment. Though it did make him happy at the thought.

"I'll carry him to the cab" Slate gleamed, I brought a purse big enough to carry him in it comfortably. She held up said purse.

"That will work" Ginzo eyed the purse, why did such a thing even exist?

With the plan made, Misty called a cab while Ginzo texted Danashi to tell him that they were leaving. The superintendent had been required to leave for work a few hours ago so he figured that it would be good to notify him that they wouldn't be there when he returned.

The cab ride back was uneventful, but it had confused Ginzo when Misty paid said cab and it left "Don't you need to go back to your place?" He inquired curiously.

Misty shook her head "No, I want to check on him when he's more fully awake" She answered as she followed the other "Kaito seemed... A bit off?" He had been quite subdued, more so than she'd been expecting.

"Okay" Who was he to deny Kaito from being cared about? The boy needed more people in his social circle. He just hoped that the odd actions were caused from fatigue.

The woman pursed her lips as she laid Kaito down on the bed "He was acting so cute with how he touched his head and snuggled up to you" But it'd also been weird since Kaito preferred to act older.

Ginzo nodded "He always holds himself in a way that makes him look bigger than he is" But Kaito hadn't been doing that when he'd woken up so he'd seemed smaller, younger. There'd also been a lack of stress in his expression, stress that he'd never noticed until it wasn't there.

Misty pulled up the blankets to tuck Kaito in "Well Kaito's mental barriers are probably mostly down right now, so it's only natural that he'll look as tiny as he actually is..." She trailed off a bit as she eyed the boy, though I do think that he's grown a tiny bit. She'd never really seen Kaito's height change in the years she's known the boy so it seemed odd.

"Wait, really?" The inspector eyed Kaito at the comment "I don't see any difference in his height"

"Of course you don't" She smiled "It's harder to see changes when you live with the person and see them every day"

"Kaito's going to be happy when he finds out" That was one good thing at least.

Misty let out a giggle "Oh definitely, his height bugs him a lot" Seeing Kaito get all defensive about it was adorable "He'll be thrilled that he's already started to grow again"

Me: This was interesting to write~

Hope you enjoyed~

•~• I messed up by thinking that my mom knew how to mix mop cleaner properly...

I used the thin cloth mop that had a spritzer connected to it for my room... (my mom never enters it so I don't need the sponge mop)

The thing still had stuff in it from when my mom mixed it up to clean up one of her messes so I used it... >^< now my bedroom feels kinda sticky (Bare feet around house) even though it's clean

... I should have noticed that the mix was yellow =~= and thus the concentration was too high...

I didn't question the stickiness when my mom used it since I just thought that she was a failure at cleaning up pop...

Gah... I refuse to wear socks... I'll slip