87. mjvgjgfjy

1025 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

Written December 19 2020
Posted January 16 2021

After they finished both eating and cleaning up, Ginzo made another comment about not liking Akako. Kaito offered a small shrug in response "We can't change what's already happened" He crossed his arms, tilting his head in thought "I'm actually thinking about going after another gem soon" While his last one hadn't had great results, he'd escaped relatively unharmed. There weren't any lingering pains or heat from Akako's magic, so he counted himself as healthy.

Ginzo eyed Kaito as if he were an idiot "Really?" Hadn't he just recovered? It seemed stupid for him to go out so soon.

The boy rolled his eyes, having expected the other's reaction to be negative "I feel fine now, and I want to hurry up and find Pandora" The potential candidates have now become significantly more easy to pick out "I didn't say that I wanted to do another heist"

"You want to take gems without a heist?" To be honest, the inspector was a bit shocked. Kaito had been so adamant about holding heists before.

Kaito nodded "Yeah" His gaze turned downcast "Magic is dangerous as we've just discovered, so I want all magical gem thefts to be kept a secret" That would lower the potential casualty rate "I'll still do normal heists in order to keep the Crow's attention, but the only thing at stake would be a pretty rock" And his life, but there wasn't anything that could be done about that without risking more killings.

"That makes sense" Ginzo frowned, eyeing the other "But what if a magic gem kills you?" Like that gardener.

Indigo softened at the other's concern "I'll be able to tell the danger level" At Ginzo's confused look he shrugged "I don't know how to explain, but I know that I'm right" He grimaced "Magic is weird, I prefer my own tricks" And even then he wasn't a big fan of them.

"And what's to stop you from going after the ones that are too dangerous?" The inspector wanted to trust Kaito, but the boy's previous track record wasn't the best "I'm sure that Pandora could be considered dangerous" Not everyone would want to be immortal, the concept actually sounded horrible to him.

Kaito grimaced, Ginzo did have a point there "I guess I'll look into the gem's lore more thoroughly?" Surely that would give some sort of hint? The Mermaid's Heart had involved mermaids after all.

"That's still not good enough Kaito" There were so many things that could go wrong if the owners messed with or were mistaken.

"Then I'll see if Akako could help or at least give me some advice" He didn't like it, not at all "Surely she'll help a bit since she'd benefit from it, right?"

Ginzo let out a sigh "That's better than nothing, even though I don't trust her" It's not like they could skip over magical gems. If they did, they might skip Pandora which would mean that Kaito would be stuck stealing magical gems for the rest of his life.

"Okay then" Mind made up, Kaito grinned "I'll head out now and scope out some gems, maybe even grab them if they don't seem dangerous"

The inspector spluttered "You want to head out now?" He'd thought that the other would at least want to wait a day or two "Shouldn't you at least have a nap first?"

Kaito offered a smile "I feel surprisingly refreshed after waking up" It was actually the truth. It was nice to feel good immediately after feeling horrible, normally it took a while until he felt not-terrible again "And the sooner I start, the sooner everything can end" Kaito turned away to go fetch his shoes, not wanting the other to see his face. He didn't want it to end, he actually liked how things were right now.

"I guess..." Ginzo muttered with a frown as he watched Kaito collect a bunch of gear before leaving via the balcony. He let out a sigh before heading towards the couch, turning on the TV. He highly doubted that he'd be able to get anything productive done while Kaito was out going after magic gems. It wasn't even nighttime yet, so he had a long wait ahead of him since Kaito usually took things at night "Wait" Ginzo frowned to himself "How the hell is he even going to contact that witch?" The gems would have to be returned before morning if Kaito wanted to stay discrete. He shook his head, he should just watch TV instead of busy himself worrying about Kaito.

Eventually, even watching TV couldn't keep his attention anymore so the inspector gave up on even trying. Since he doubted that a book would keep him occupied, he pulled out his phone. He might as well update both Misty and Danashi about the most recent happenings. Hopefully neither of them would think that he was messing with them.

The hours passed by more quickly after pulling out his phone, he'd spent a long time reassuring Misty that Kaito was indeed okay. Thankfully Danashi hadn't been as pushy, and had accepted his answers. Though that was probably because he wasn't as close to Kaito as Misty was. Eventually he did manage to persuade Misty into not coming over after Kaito got back, though that was only after he promised to text her if something bad ended up happening to Kaito.

With a sigh put away his phone, it was quite late out so he should probably make himself something to eat, and maybe leave some leftovers in the fridge for Kaito to eat when he got back. He really shouldn't be eating so late considering it was past midnight, but it should be fine if they both end up sleeping in.

A sudden light caught in the corner of his eye "The hell?" He turned towards the source to see Kaito slipping through the window, the boy looked miserable "Did you mess up a paint bomb?" The boy was glowing like that glow in the dark paint he once used.

"No" Kaito walked over to the couch, flopping down beside the inspector "You don't want to know how hard it was to get back here secretly" He sighed "It's temporary" He added.

Me: So lots of magic for the future~ Yay more excuses to mess with Kaito~

Hope you enjoyed~

I  got a phonecall... Panicked so I didn't answer, I then  mentally prepped myself the next day in order to call the day after that...

On the chosen day, I stared at my phone for over 45 mins, called and instantly regretted it but there was no going back...

I was told to leave a message =3=... I sounded so cringy with panic... But also forgot to leave my number at the end QAQ

Now I gotta wait a week since I feel so embarrassed

I should have gave in and had my mom book the appointment >^<