79. Chocolate, Yum

1014 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

Written October 11 2020
Posted November 7 2020

Kaito woke up warm and comfortable, having slept well that night. He was awake but bordering on the edge of sleep, the boy snuggled more into his blanket, enjoying the calm feeling. He allowed himself to doze lightly for an unknown amount of time before a soft knock on the door pulled him out of his half sleep "I'm awake" His words were slightly skewered by a yawn as he got himself out of bed.

"Breakfast is ready" Ginzo stated before leaving the boy to wake up more by himself.

The boy stretched, then left his room, blinking when he caught sight of Misty "You're here early" He hadn't expected her to be there when he woke up.

Misty smiled, ruffling Kaito's hair and earning a small scowl in response "I had nothing else to do today" She ushered the boy towards the table "I also brought something nice for breakfast"

"Something nice?" Kaito tilted his head, it was just pancakes, wait "Oh" He took a seat, eyeing the brown spots on the pancakes curiously "Chocolate chips?" He was pretty sure that's what they were, but it'd been so long since he'd seen chocolate chip pancakes that he wasn't completely sure.

"We figured that it would be a nice change" The inspector explained, it kinda hurt to see the boy so curious about something so simple. He offered a grin "You seem like the kind of person who'd really like chocolate" Maybe it was Kaito's energetic personality, whenever he wasn't upset of course.

"I think I used to like chocolate" Kaito took a curious bite of his food before pausing. Indigo suddenly lit up, and the rest of the pancake swiftly disappeared. Ginzo watched the boy scarf down the meal in shock, he'd never seen the other eat so fast. He shared a look with Misty, she looked like she was trying not to laugh. Kaito paused, fork still in his mouth as he suddenly realized that the two were just watching him "What?" He tilted his head.

Why did Kaito have to be so adorable? Misty smiled "Nothing, your eating pace just surprised me" Maybe she should have added syrup to Kaito's meal, but then that might have masked the chocolatey taste a bit.

"Oh" A blush warmed the boy's cheeks as he forced himself to slow down. He really really liked chocolate it seems.

Ginzo eyed Kaito's plate "I shouldn't have eaten that toast before cooking" He slid two of his untouched pancakes onto Kaito's plate "Here" It was Christmas, and he'd never seen Kaito enjoy eating something so much before. He'd just sneak himself something to snack on later.

Kaito eyed the offering dubiously "Are you sure?" He didn't want to eat the other's food if he was still hungry. Even if it was really tasty.

"I'm sure" The inspector grinned as Kaito dug into the extra food. It was so different compared to when he first met him. When they all finished eating, Kaito insisted to be the one who did the dishes since he had been sleeping while they'd cooked.

When Kaito entered the living room, he paused to eye the presents curiously, there were six of them, a weird number considering that there were only thee of them and he'd already given them their presents "More than two people wrapped these" He noted absentmindedly, there were four different wrapping styles.

Misty snickered "Are you secretly a detective?" She teased. Of course Kaito of all people would take note of such an obscure detail.

"No" Kaito's ears were burning "Just a thief" He liked the comparison, a lot.

"These four are yours" Ginzo handed four of the gifts to Kaito.

Indigo went wide "Four?" That was a lot.

The inspector nodded before looking a bit awkward. He tossed a small red wrapped gift to Misty "It'd feel weird not to get you something" He explained. Misty had helped a lot regarding Kaito, and he'd had a feeling that the woman would be around today.

Slate gleamed "I got you something as well Nakamori-san" She offered him a small green gift "For taking care of Kaito" She then turned towards Kaito "Open your gifts first"

Kaito blinked "Okay" He eyed the gifts for a few moments before choosing the white one with a blue ribbon wrapped around it. He looked at the tag "This one is from Misty" He carefully opened it "This..." He pulled out the two large metal cylinder tins to read their labels "Chocolate milk and hot chocolate powder" Indigo widened with amazement, he'd seen people drinking hot chocolate all the time in the winter! And the chocolate milk mix must be for the summer! He went to move the box away, halting when he noted that there was still some weight to it. There's more?! He pulled out a large bag of something called Hershey's Kisses "More chocolate!" Kaito couldn't help but exclaim, excited since the pancakes had been amazing.

Oh god, that was a lot of sugar for someone who wasn't really used to it "What if he didn't like chocolate?" Ginzo turned to Misty.

She gave a shrug "Then I would have kept it for myself and gotten him something different"

"Thank you" The boy's smile was almost too much as he seemed to hug his gifts to himself "I can't wait to try it all"

Misty returned the smile "I'm glad, now open another one"

Kaito gently put his chocolate to the side before picking up a bronze coloured gift and checking the tag "It's from... Hakuba Danashi" He tilted his head in confusion "But he's already given so much..." He carefully opened the box.

Ginzo watched as the boy's brow furrowed with confusion as Kaito ruffled through a few unknown things. Then shock covered his face before it was replaced with a blush as Kaito promptly put the lid back on.

"This one's a secret" Kaito offered a small smile, cheeks still flushed. His heart was racing, he needed to check the box's contents later to know if he'd been seeing things clearly. It couldn't possibly be what it had looked like right? He hugged the box to himself protectively "I really like the gift"

Me: No, Kaito was not gifted porn, just in case some of you were wondering since Kid's meeting place with Saguru was near Danashi's porn stash.

I'm also not going to ever tell you guys what the gift was~ Because I might use it as both plot and shock in this book or the next (If I'm not lazy)

The last two gifts are from Ginzo and... You probably already know ^-^

This was really fun to write, hope you enjoyed~

0.0 sweet or sour?

I guess I like sweet more, though I don't hate sourcthings