21. Changes, Sleepy

1015 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no do with zee owning of the MK/DC~

Written September 25 2019
Posted Christmas 2019

Ark 2 has started~ Finally, it was so hard waiting to post this~

Extra chappy for Christmas~ this book was chosen since it has the least chapters posted~

Ginzo gazed up at the coloured trees in contemplation, summer had ended a week or so ago. He'd been shrunk near the beginning of summer, meaning that he'd been living with Kaito for a little over two months. It had been quite an interesting experience to say the least, before all of this had happened he would have never thought that he could live civilly with Kaitou Kid.

It was actually surprisingly easy to get along with Kaito, or at least most of the time it was. Things usually only got tense between them whenever Ginzo called him out on not caring for himself that well. He still hated how little the boy seemed to care about both himself and his own future. He was only grateful that whenever things did get tense, Kaito would disappear somewhere for a while before returning and acting like nothing had happened.

During the two months that they've been together there had been countless of Kaito's 'harmless' explosions as he worked within the lab. The thief seemed to have hit a standstill with his progress on the cure. Kaito hadn't said anything, but the concerned look he had on his face whenever he fetched more research books had told Ginzo all that he needed to know. He'd decided to refrain from asking about the cure, Kaito would inform him of any significant progress.

A cool breeze blew by, sending a small shiver down the inspector's spine as he huddled his coat tighter around himself. That was another odd thing that had happened throughout the months. Their living conditions were a lot better than when Ginzo had first arrived. Sure it still looked completely sketchy and lacked proper electricity and running water, but it was a lot comfier on the inside. The ground floor was no longer a safety hazard after both he and Kaito changed out the tiles for a smooth cement floor. There were also lights placed throughout the house, though they were solar powered and had to be moved often between outside and the house. He was grateful for any source of light throughout the night, especially since the days were beginning to become shorter.

Though with all of the apparent 'luxuries' Kaito was obtaining for them, they had to have been spending quite a lot of money, especially since Kaito had stopped giving him leftovers. It was concerning, mainly because Kaito had been going out almost every night to do favours for others. The boy had previously stated that he really didn't like doing them, so it made Ginzo feel a little guilty that Kaito was getting extra money. Especially since it was more for his own comfort than anything else. Kaito was looking a bit strained these days as well, always yawning or occasionally favouring a leg or wincing. Whatever those favours were, they were apparently taking a toll on the boy.

He headed back into the house, it was early morning still and Kaito hadn't woken up yet to his knowledge. Kaito was sleeping in more and more, meaning that Ginzo had to occasionally do some of Kaito's tasks like prepping meals. He didn't mind though, the boy was working himself harder than most adults did. As long as their food stores were stocked, Kaito could sleep in whenever he wanted to. Children shouldn't be working as hard as he is.

"Oi, Kaito" He called through the doorway of their shared room. Kaito rolled over, muttering a few incomprehensible words before snuggling back under the blanket. They'd gotten a mattress for a new double bed instead of two singles because it fit better in the room. Neither of them had a problem with sharing since they were both small enough that they rarely ever disturbed each other at night. Though Ginzo occasionally wondered how Kaito had managed to even get the mattress all the way from a store to their location. When he had asked, the boy had just smiled and told him that it was a secret. The cheeky bastard.

He frowned, stepping into the room, normally Kaito would wake up after being called. He peered at Kaito's sleeping face, wondering if the other was just faking it to mess with him "You should probably get up Kaito" The inspector stated, giving the blanket a little tug. Maybe the movement would wake up.

Indigos drowsily blinked open as the boy curled up tighter beneath the blanket "Keibu?" He asked sleepily, unable to hold back a yawn. Was it morning already? It felt like he'd only just went to sleep minutes ago. Maybe he shouldn't have done that extra favour last night. The pay had been too good for him to deny though.

Ginzo smirked "Took you long enough" He huffed in mock annoyance. Kaito actually looked even younger while half asleep. Maybe that was because the boy wasn't awake enough to project his intended image onto himself "I figured that you'd be upset if you ended up sleeping any longer" Ginzo breathed as he glanced at his watch, it was past 10am. Kaito had gotten it for him when he'd asked for one.

The boy stifled another yawn before rubbing his eyes, he then glanced out the window to check the sunlight levels "Thanks" He replied, voice still laced with sleep. He needed to check up on some of the cure's results today, he was hopeful with the latest trial. He slipped out of the bed, though this time he lacked most of his usual grace. Maybe he should stay home tonight and rest.

Ginzo raised a brow as he watched the boy stumble slightly, that was new. Kaito was usually quite graceful, even right after waking up. It was odd to see him slightly frazzled "You okay?" He inquired.

Kaito wobbled a bit on his feet before sagging to the ground with a pained hiss. Okay, he really shouldn't have taken that last offer. Ginzo quickly knelt by his side, eyes wide "Yeah, just sore" Kaito smiled, not really paying any attention to him.

The inspector paled when he spotted a suspicious bruise just under Kaito's neckline "Is that a hickey?!" He gasped, horrified.

Me: ^~^ nyahahaha

This was fun to write~ Hope you enjoyed~

Berry tried to ease your concerns so that this would hit harder ^~^ she didn't lie, she just said truths that you guys took as a good sign that Kaito was fine

Ginzo has a mission, any guesses?

No more extra holiday updates for zee rest of zee year XP doing it for them all would hurt my stockpile

Next chappy tomorrow~

To Understand You - Magic KaitoOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara