23. Twenty three

1004 Words excluding (A/N)~ Berry no owns MK/DC~

★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡
~~Yay 2k Views~~
★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡

Written September 30 2019
Posted December 31 2019

Extra chappy for New Year's Eve/Day, times so that it should be either of those two days for everyone (hopefully?)

Kaito gave a small smile, wiping away his tear tracks "Don't feel bad that you never noticed" Indigos gleamed "Me and my dad worked hard to make sure you only saw the playful side of the heists" If the inspector had known about the extent of the danger, there was no way that he'd have been able to enjoy the challenges as much as he did. Kaito hadn't wanted to ruin that for him.

Ginzo clenched his fists, he didn't like the information he'd just been given "Why are the Crows even after Kaitou Kid?" He inquired, the boy had said that Kid was a lure of sorts, but he wanted to know why that was. It didn't make sense for a syndicate to be out for the thief's blood without a good reason.

"I'm not completely sure" His gaze darkened slightly "Dad died before he could tell me" He shrugged "But the Crows seem to be more active whenever I go after a larger gem, especially ones that have 'mystical' origins" Kaito replied, it made him wonder why that was. Were they also a group of magic fanatics on top of being killers? That would be weird.

Ginzo's gaze narrowed "So you're not even sure on what you're actually doing?" He breathed, a little surprised. He was used to the boy always have a clear or hidden reason behind his actions. It was odd to think that Kaito didn't really have that, instead he had guesses. He thought for a moment "Do you even have an interest in the things that you steal?"

A wry smile tugged at the boy's lips at the question "A lot of the things I steal are hideous in my opinion" He shrugged "But some of the more simple pieces are kinda pretty" He didn't really understand the appeal of gaudy jewellery that wouldn't match a lot of things. The more simple pieces were a lot more versatile in what they can match with in his opinion.

The inspector snorted "So the jewel thief isn't actually interested in jewels" It was kind of ironic in a way. His gaze flitted over the boy's neck and his mood dampened "I can't let you go out and sell yourself anymore" He breathed. It wasn't right, children shouldn't have to do that, especially for those older than them. It was even worse if they were doing it to gain enough to go up against a criminal syndicate. That was a job for the adults, not the children.

Indigos narrowed at the other's statement "It's not like you can actually stop me" If Ginzo couldn't catch him while he was an adult, there was no way that he could do it now in his current condition.

Ginzo grit his teeth, he wasn't going to lose this argument, he had to win it for both their sakes. For bot Kaito's safety, and his own peace of mind, he had to win it "I know someone who is trustworthy" He started, taking note of how Kaito tensed at his words "He also has a lot of money, even a few billion is nothing but pocket change to him"

"Who?" Kaito breathed, fearful yet at the same time hopeful. He didn't like sleeping with people, it felt weird and was painful.

"Super attendant Hakuba" Ginzo replied, knowing that Kaito probably already knew who he was. The guy was a little too cheery in his opinion, but he was also trustworthy.

Kaito pursed his lips, he wasn't sure "I'll look into him in more depth tonight" He wasn't going to take any chances with this. If they were going to do this, Kaito needed to look into it himself in more depth. He trusted Ginzo's judgement, but one never truly knows when it comes to the Crows. It was better to be safe than sorry.

Ginzo tensed at the mention of Kaito going out tonight "Wait, why don't you rest tonight and look into it tomorrow?" He inquired, remembering how tired the boy had been when he'd tried to wake him up. Kaito needed proper rest.

Kaito thought on it for a few moments before nodding "I guess I would do better work after resting properly" He admitted, stifling a yawn. He was more likely to make mistakes while tired, this morning's events were proof of that fact. If he'd been more rested, he would have remembered to make sure he had hidden all off his hickeys.

The inspector let out a relieved breath, the bags under the other's eyes were very apparent. He now knew that it was because Kaito had probably been getting only a few hours of sleep a night. After doing that for months, it was no wonder he looked tired "Why don't you go back to bed as well" He suggested.

A sleepy smile crossed over Kaito's face as he looked at the other with half lidded eyes "I thought that you didn't want me to sleep during the day" He smirked.

Ginzo scoffed, reaching over to ruffle the other's already messy hair "I'm pretty sure today can be an exception" He grinned. Kaito blushed at the contact, it had been so long since someone had done that to him. The last person to do that had been his dad. His mom had still been alive then, but she kinda broke in the caring mother department after his dad had died. He never blamed her, she'd been hurting a lot then.

"Okay" Kaito replied, his cheeks still slightly red as he grabbed the blanket before crawling back into the bed. It took mere moments for sleep to tug him into its embrace.

Ginzo raised a brow at how quickly the other had fallen asleep. He must have been more tired than he'd initially thought. It was odd that he was still capable of being surprised by Kaito's acting skills. Even after these two months of spending time with him. He cast one final glance at the sleeping form before heading out of the room, he'd eat Kaito's breakfast for his lunch, not wanting to waste any food.

Me: Hmm so many possibilities for how this could play out...

I had fun writing this~

Hope you enjoyed~