14. The Hell?!

1012 Words excluding (A/N)~ Berry doesn't own MK/DC~

Written September 15 2019
Posted November 7 2019

Ginzo frowned, surely someplace important enough to be hidden from view had to be more habitable than the parts of the house that he'd seen "I don't really believe you that it's as uninhabitable as you're making it out to be" If it was, then that would mean that the foundation was weak and was due to collapse in on itself. He doubted that even Kaito was that crazy.

Kaito smirked "Maybe after a few weeks or so I'll let you see for yourself" He didn't fully trust the other to not mess around with things that he shouldn't "It's only our second day together and I don't really want you exploring down there right now" He finished, there was trust, and then there was being too trusting. He'd already given Ginzo enough to chew on for now.

"Let me guess, your lab where you make all your crazy shit is down there?" The inspector joked, it would make sense to keep that location close to where he stayed.

"Yeah, any my other lab where I'm working with lab agents to fix your shrinkage problem" The boy snickered at the other's unimpressed look "And before you ask, no, you're not going to die a horrific death"

Ginzo spluttered "Why would I even ask that!?" He gasped, shocked by the grim humour.

Kaito's grin faded, his expression going neutral "You were fed a poison" He stated, voice void of any traces of humour "And that poison ate away at you as it changed you" Indigos darkened "Where do you think all your extra mass when you shrunk?" He let out a breath, fingers clenching "Mass doesn't just disappear, which means that the poison did something to destroy it" Kaito bit his lip "Yesterday's tests were to make sure that the poison didn't keep eating away at you" He finished. It had been a heavy load off his mind when those tests had run through and had given him good results. He'd even quadrupled the tests just to make sure it hadn't been a fluke.

"Wait, so I could have been dying slowly yesterday and you wouldn't have told me?!" He shouted, causing Kaito to cover his ears "What the hell were you thinking?!" Ginzo bellowed. He was pissed that Kaito had kept something vital from him, especially since it was about his life.

"I'm sorry!" Kaito yelped over his yelling. Ginzo stopped to listen to his excuse, he'd continue yelling at him afterwards "It was only a possibility" Kaito breathed "Why would I needlessly worry you when the only speculations I had were from my own theories?" Indigo met Ginzo's gaze "If my theory had proven to be correct, I would have told you right away" He added. He hadn't wanted to leave Ginzo all alone for most of the day while the inspector pondered about his possible upcoming death. Times like that weren't supposed to be spent all alone so instead he'd given him a task to keep himself busy.

Ginzo's gaze narrowed "Next time, don't worry about my feelings" He huffed, he wanted to know all of the possible outcomes of the tests.

Kaito nodded, looking apologetic "When it regards your life, I wont worry about your feelings" He stated, making sure that when it was about Kaito's own life, that the promise was null. Ginzo was too kind and had already shown that he was capable of worrying for Kaito. The thief was well aware that he was around the same age as Ginzo's daughter, so of course he'd occasionally trigger Ginzo's fatherly instincts. This morning with the blanket was proof enough.

The inspector nodded, appeased for the moment "Good" He replied.

With that conversation done and over with, Kaito disappeared into his secret labs and Ginzo began the process of making a fire to boil the water over. He'd decided to use the same set up as Kaito had used previously. Thankfully the boy hadn't take it down, most likely having thought that Ginzo would use it.

Honestly the inspector was a little shocked by what he'd learned. It hadn't even occurred to him that the poison could have been continuing to work. The thought of suddenly dropping dead wasn't really appealing and now that he'd calmed down and thought about it, he was glad he hadn't known yesterday. He'd have spent the whole day wondering if he was dying a very slow death of not. It would have made his task a lot more difficult with his mind elsewhere.

He let out a huff as he poured the warmed water into the thermal water bottle. He supposed it was better in the long run to have the heat resistant bottles instead of plastic or metal. Metal could eventually rust while the plastic ones could potentially melt if the water wasn't cooled down first. With the thermal bottles he didn't have to wait before pouring the hot water into them. It saved a lot of time. He was also grateful to see that every bottle had a reusable filter attached to them. Clean dirt was still dirt that would give the water a bad texture.

After finishing off most of the buckets he paused when he heard a loud but muffled bang "The hell?" He muttered to himself as he placed the bottle he was holding onto the ground. He glanced around, confused when he saw nothing visibly amiss. Another bang, this time much louder caused Ginzo to jolt up onto his feet. A large plume of oddly coloured smoke billowed from behind the house. He ran towards the source. Did something fucking explode or something?!

When he circled around the house he spotted Kaito down on his hands and knees coughing. The boy was covered in soot "I- fine!" Kaito spluttered through his coughing fit. Ginzo still ran over to him regardless.

"What the fuck even happened?!" He growled as he crouched down next to him, eyes visibly scanning the other for injuries. He let out a relieved breath when he's spotted none. What the fuck had he been doing?! He glanced around, and where the hell did he even come from?!

Me: Random explosions and odd smoke~ Just everyday Kaito antics~

Berry made a mistake •^• she downloaded a app she used to play years ago and is now addicted again to Restaurant Story...

Hope you enjoyed~