90. Lupus Morsus

1032 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

Written January 17 2021
Posted February 13 2021

Kaito felt awful as he watched the witch go through some ancient looking books at an impressive speed. He felt nauseous from being teleported to this odd book room, and uneasy at how easily he'd gone along with her. The boy looked down at himself, at least he wasn't glowing anymore, Akako had made him swallow something disgusting and then the glow had stopped. It sort of pissed him off that she hadn't offered him that solution at the start.

"I'm going to collect some things, don't touch anything" With that, Akako was gone, leaving Kaito all alone in the stuffy room.

The boy sighed, it wasn't like he'd be able to leave this place, there were no doors. Since he didn't want to push his luck when he was already regretting coming along, he leaned against the wall. Without anything to do, Kaito dozed off.

Akako rolled her eyes when she returned to see that the other had fallen asleep. Very sloppy for someone with his reputation, though now Kaito wouldn't be able use the excuse of being tired if things went wrong. It had taken a few hours for her to get what she needed after all "Get up Kid" At her words, the wall holding the boy up moved back a few feet.

Kaito woke with a start, heart thudding as he remembered where he was "Are we ready?" He inquired, unsure. Why hadn't the witch waited before bringing him back in? He didn't even know what the plan was.

The witch nodded "I have acquired the suitable items to protect you from the gem's effects" It had been a pain to do, but a damaged tool would be of no use to her. The other had to stay in good enough shape to carry out his part of the deal.

"Okay" Kaito felt awkward, not knowing how to carry on the conversation. Thankfully the effort wasn't required since moments after he spoke, they were transported to the museum. The boy grimaced, holding his stomach as he refrained from complaining about not getting a warning.

"Just get the gem, I'll handle the magic" Akako ordered.

Kaito hurried away, then hurled into a nearby bush once he deemed himself to be far enough away. He really didn't like that witch. After wiping his mouth, Kaito entered the museum through the vents, easily making his way towards his intended target. Since he's scoped this place out so much, he knew the entire layout by heart.

Stealing without announcing his intentions was so easy, almost too easy Kaito decided as he dropped from the ceiling, cameras already put on loop. The boy eyed the large moonstone warily, not wanting to touch it. It felt dangerous, very dangerous, and he felt tempted to just run away even though he was only a foot from where it was encased in it's glass case. If it weren't for the fact that moonstone was too soft, the Lupus Morsus would have been a perfect Pandora candidate since it was almost bigger than his hands.

Uneasy, but knowing that something bad would happen if he just bails on the witch, the boy swiftly removed the glass case without triggering the sensors. Kaito gulped, glancing behind himself to make sure that his escape route was clear. It was, so he poked the gem, yelping and scrambling back as it burned him and started to glow "Akako?!" He called, head whipping around in search of the witch. A loud snarl brought his attention back to the gem, Indigo widened as this huge monster wolf thing lunged at him "Ah!" He shrieked, closing his eyes, like any sane person would. Kaito felt it's warm breath, but nothing else "Huh?" He was trembling, it was gone?

"So it was as I thought it was" Akako stated, pleased that her research had been correct.

Kaito's legs felt weak so he slumped to the floor "You knew that was going to happen?" His voice was higher than normal.

The witch smirked, holding the gem lovingly "Of course"

"Why didn't you warn me?!" He was pretty sure he would have pissed himself if he wasn't too dehydrated from throwing up so much.

Red eyes blinked at him "Why would I?" The other was just a tool "I just needed to use a dimension stone to send the trapped spirit to another dimension" Now said stone was useless since they could only be used once.

Kaito eyed her worriedly "You just sent it to be someone else's problem?"

Akako nodded "It's focus was on you so it was most likely sent near another version of you" So long as this version of her tool was fine, then the other one could die for all she cared "I can't fight werewolf curses, so sending it where it can't come back for revenge is best"

"Oh my god" The boy breathed, not knowing what else to say.

"I've taken the magic, so you should leave" Akako smirked "You weren't exactly quiet" At her words, the lights turned on.

"Shit" Kaito cursed softly, jumping up into the vents right before security reached the room. With the new bout of adrenaline, the boy swiftly made his escape, then collapsed in the upper branches of a fir tree. He didn't quite remember how he got there, but that was fine, he was safe and hidden. Right in time for the adrenaline crash to hit him.

Kaito pouted, Akako was an asshole, the witch should have at least warned him. It wouldn't have taken much to say 'You're going to be attacked by a werewolf, but don't worry, I won't let it touch you' He wanted to go back home, he felt safest there, but he also didn't want to face Ginzo just yet. What if it was awkward? He had run out on the other after all.

He pulled out his phone, grimacing when he saw that both Ginzo and Misty knew that he wasn't where he was supposed to be. With a sigh, he messaged them, telling them that he was lured in by Akako, but that the events were over and that he was safe. He wiggled his toes, he was starting to feel cold again, Akako must have used a warming spell on him earlier.

Me: I've been wanting to write this gem in for SO long >^< but I couldn't until I set things up with Akako... Gah, over 40 weeks of waiting... I am very patient when it comes to my plans

Poor Kaito, being used by a mean witch XP

Hope you enjoyed~

Gah yesterday I went to buy food, I buy a lot at a time since I have to walk so less trips... I am like a pack mule when it comes to carrying groceries

I hoisted my heavy reusable bag over my shoulder... And the straps broke >^< ... It was horribly embarassing

Why can't the bags be stronger than me? >^< it was difficult walking home with my other reusable bag over my shoulder and the rest of my food in plastic bags...    It's almost a km and a half walk... Poor fingers are sore

Oh, and my apple sauce that I was looking forward to since I haven't had it since before high school... It exploded from the impact QAQ