96. Flu is the Key

1026 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

Written March 13 2021
Posted April 10 2021

•3• This story will be over 100 chapters...

Hmm °^°... Unless I killed him...

Ginzo let out a weary sigh as he gazed down at Kaito, the boy had eventually passed out and was now lying against him. The combination of stress and fear had obviously been too much for the other to handle. The inspector really didn't think that Kaito would be mentally ready to do the heist at the required time.

Kaito looked strained even in his sleep, it was worrying. Ginzo grimaced, an idea already starting to form in his head, he just hoped that Kaito wouldn't be too upset with him for suggesting it. The boy had cancelled heists before, it wasn't often but sometimes life wouldn't cooperate. Normally when he'd done cancellations, it was because something had happened to one of the task force members or someone close to them. Since he was currently in hiding, it wouldn't be smart to fake such a thing, so the best choice was to claim sudden sickness on Kid's part, the contagious sort. People would believe that it was real since Kid cared for people.

The inspector nodded to himself, yes, that was a good idea. It would help them buy some time at least. Ginzo contemplated a few illnesses before deciding that a flu would be the best choice since it could last varying amounts of time. It would help that everyone was under the impression that Kid was at least in his thirties, nearing his forties and that the flu could be more complicated when one wasn't young. They could potentially get 2 weeks to plan if things worked out. Now he just needed Kaito to write the note since foraging signatures wasn't one of his skills.

"Wha-?" Kaito mumbled, annoyed at being nudged awake "Go away" He was tired, he wanted to rest.

"You can go back to sleep soon" Ginzo gently assured as he encouraged the boy to sit up. He felt bad about waking Kaito, but if the other didn't agree to his plan, then Kaito would have needed to get up to plan something anyways.

Kaito grumbled in response but obeyed "What do you want?" He inquired, still feeling half asleep.

"I need you to write a Kid note saying that you've caught the flu, the original note was sent yesterday morning so there's been enough time to make it seem less suspicious" Ginzo saw no point in beating around the bush, it wasn't something that he could trick the other into doing.

The boy blinked. The flu? Indigos lowered as Kaito curled a bit into himself. He, he really liked that idea, going near that gem was the last thing that he wanted to do. Kaito shivered "Thank you" Ginzo had gotten him an out "My cards and fancy pen are in the bottom desk drawer of my room" He didn't have the energy to get up to get them himself. Kaito sniffed, at least it wouldn't be a total lie, he was sick in a way, just not with the flu.

Ginzo let out a relieved breath "Thank god" He softly exclaimed before getting up to fetch said items. He was so glad that the boy hadn't even tried to fight him on it. A lot could be done and planned in two weeks.

When the inspector returned with the bagged items, Kaito slowly slipped on the included gloves before taking out one of the cards to write his message on. He couldn't help the faint smile that tugged at his lips as he added a cute thermometer to the frowning Kid symbol at the end "Now all I've got to do is deliver it to the police" He sighed, knowing that it was too late to properly mail it. It'll have to be done in person.

"Right" Ginzo nodded "I'll get started on lunch then" It was a bit past noon, but not too late for lunch. Busying himself would distract him from worrying about Kaito.

"I should be back in around 20 minutes" Kaito relayed as he went to go get his winter clothes on. He really didn't have the energy to be doing this but Ginzo might get caught if he got the inspector to do it. While breaking Ginzo out of the police station or an orphanage sounded funny in theory, he didn't want to tempt fate. His hacking had been a bit rushed when he'd edited the inspector's finger print and dental records.

"We'll be having some grilled cheese then" It should be ready by the time Kaito got back, maybe he'd even heat up some leftover soup to go with it. He got to work as Kaito left to deliver the note. By the time he finished up everything, he heard the front door open and close, signalling that Kaito had returned right on time. Ginzo paused, plate hovering a bit above the table as he took in Kaito's appearance "How did you manage to get a bloody nose?"

Kaito flushed behind the tissues he was holding "I slipped on some ice" He wiped around his mouth a bit before tossing the soiled tissue into the garbage. He pulled out a new one.

Ginzo snorted "If that's your excuse, then I'm curious to know what really happened" Kaito couldn't have possibly slipped on some ice, the boy was too agile.

The boy's face flushed an even darker red, ears burning from embarrassment "That is what happened" He dejectedly slumped into his chair "Me and ice do not mix" Today just wasn't his day, he got a period that shouldn't have come, he became terrified, and now he'd made a fool of himself by admitting that he'd slipped on ice.

"Wow" Ginzo snickered "I can't believe it" Though judging from Kaito's face, the boy was actually telling the truth "You must have just slipped outside since you're still bleeding a bit" He really wanted to view the surveillance footage "Wait" Ginzo squinted, leaning forwards with suspicion "You're missing a tooth"

Kaito was really tempted to just go hide in his room "It was already loose... My bone age is younger than it should be, remember?" The tooth he was missing was from his left side on the bottom.

"So the great Kaitou Kid lost a baby tooth" The inspector chuckled.

"Can we just eat...?"

 Me: I really wanted him to lose a front tooth, but that's a lot harder to hide >^<... It may seem like a random thing, but I've been wanting to do this since I wrote how his bone age was younger... 

It's just... Kaitou Kid losing a baby tooth... XD 

...QAQ I mess swiveling loose teeth and making blood bloom... So tasty

Hope you enjoyed~

I bought clothes for the first time in approximately 6 years besides a single coat

I just realized that nightgowns would be good for summer °^° clothing is so expensive... I despise spending more than $10 on clothing

...>^> Spent a whole day trying to find non-sexy yet nice priced ones... But I did it! And they had a good postal agreement~

I hate clothes shopping... Thank god I care for my clothes well~