24. Cooking Talk, Pills?

1005 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

Written September 30 2019
Posted January 2 2020

Almost wrote 2019....

Kaito let out a soft whine as he stretched his limbs, savouring the pulling sensation for a few moments longer before loosening his limbs. He felt well rested, though it looked like early morning when he glanced out the window. How long had he been asleep? He knew that it had to have been at least a day since it was earlier than when he'd went back to sleep. He should probably eat something soon before Ginzo grew concerned and decided to bug him again. With his mind made up, he slipped out of the bed, leaving the sheets in a mess. He might just be lazy and go back to bed after eating.

Ginzo was proud when he managed to only jump slightly at Kaito's sudden appearance, the boy was crouched near the floor a few feet away from him. He was nibbling on the boiled egg he'd prepped for him. It'd been interesting to learn how to properly cook eggs over a fire but it was definitely worth it. He was grateful that they'd had cool enough weather for the eggs not to spoil, though they still had to eat them quickly in case the weather changed on them "You look a lot better" Ginzo observed, the boy actually looked healthy. He'd already mostly fixed Kaito's weight problem, but the boy's fatigue must have made him look somewhat unhealthy.

Kaito flashed the inspector a grin "I do feel a lot better" He studied his half eaten boiled egg for a few moments "You got it perfect today" He praised "Not too runny, and not too firm" He'd still eaten the improperly cooked eggs of course, he just hadn't enjoyed them that much.

Ginzo nodded, pleased. The tastier the food, the more likely Kaito was going to ask for more. The boy's bones were no longer scarily visible, instead Kaito looked like he weighed a healthy amount. He was still on the slim side, though the inspector figured that's how it'd always be "Good, I take it you have room for more?" He inquired.

"Yes please" Kaito gave a sheepish smile, he hadn't expected to still be hungry so soon after eating. It seemed like his body really was getting used to eating properly. Ginzo returned the smile and tossed Kaito a boiled egg, still in its shell of course. "Thanks" The boy caught it with ease before starting on removing the shell.

"As long as you eat your fill it's good" The inspector replied, he believed that children shouldn't be hungry, or at least have a proper meal on it's way to being made "I've gotten used to cooking" He had a soft semi on his face "Aoko will be shocked when I return. She's used to takeout or making food herself" He hadn't been that good of a cook, but unlike Aoko, Kaito would eat the food even if it tasted terrible. The boy was a good test subject for practising cooking on, no food was wasted.

"I bet" Kaito smirked "You've made some nasty food before" He snickered, not at all meaning it as an insult. They both knew it was the truth, especially since he'd made Ginzo eat his own cooking as well.

Ginzo grimaced at the memory of some of his creations, yeah, he was glad he'd improved his cooking skills "At least neither of us got food poisoning" He breathed.

The boy nodded, amused "Oh, I forgot to give you this" He tossed a bottle at the inspector who easily caught it. Kaito liked to toss things so he'd grown accustomed to randomly catching things.

He squinted at the clear plastic, inside there were some small blue tablets "What are these?" He inquired.

Indigos narrowed in contemplation for a moment "I guess a good name for those could be that they're stabilisers?" He shrugged, not really sure what to call them "Either way, you should take one every day" He smiled "They won't physically do anything noticeable to you except get your body used to that chemical mix" There wasn't enough substance to them for any sort of reaction "I want to make sure your body won't reject the final cure when it's made" He finished. It would suck if he made the cure, and Ginzo's body ended up rejecting it.

Ginzo shrugged not really understanding, but he'd do as asked. He trusted Kaito not to poison him "Sounds weird, but sure" He popped the bottle open and took one of the pills, thankfully it was one of the capsule ones and not powdery. The powdery ones were often disgusting and occasionally got caught in the back of his throat.

Kaito smirked "I tested them on myself so I know the mix won't kill you" He stated, amused that the other had taken the pill with little fuss.

The inspector blinked at that "But aren't the chemicals meant for my condition?" He frowned "Why would you do that?"

"As I told you, those don't react to anything" He shrugged "And I test all chemicals I use and make, on myself" He blanched "What if I accidentally ended up killing someone?" Murder was one thing he'd never stoop low enough to do. He'd do anything in his power to prevent it. He could use lab animals, but he didn't want to do that to the poor things. That, and he couldn't afford to properly care for them. He was almost always completely sure that something wouldn't kill him when he tested it on himself.

Ginzo swallowed "So you're even going to test the cure on yourself as well?" Wouldn't something chemically dangerous be needed to fix him though? That seemed too risky.

Kaito shook his head "No, the cure will be specifically engendered towards you" He smirked "I know that a lot of people think that I'm crazy" His smirk morphed into a Kid grin "But I'm not that crazy" They were biologically different so it wouldn't make sense for Kaito himself to take it "The pills I gave you are kinda generic" Though taking too much would probably be bad.

Me: This was fun to write~ Hope you enjoyed~

Berry likes cookies dipped in water ^_^ (Not icing covered ones)

This book was inspired by the Fanfiction:
Title: Lights Out
Author: 00Midnight00       <-Zeros not an lowercase 'O'

Berry adores this book >~< and grew fond of the idea of an AU where Kaito didn't grow up with the Nakamoris

It updates slowly, but the updates are MASSIVE (20k words etc) which balances it out

Despite how my book was inspired by Lights Out, they're totally different~ The only linking factor is that Kaito and Aoko didn't grow up together XP

I encourage you guys to check it out
^~^

Ulterior motive: More support can encourage author to write more, this berry gets to read more... Berry usually drops what she's doing when she spots an update

Fanfiction.net link: https://m.fanfiction.net/s/11906273/1/Lights-out

A03 Link: https://archiveofourown.org/works/6608794/chapters/15120754