1. Meeting

1005 Words excluding (A/N)~ Berry doesn't own MK/DC~

Berry is excited for this story~

Written September 9 2019
Posted September 18 2019

Next official Update : September 25 2019

A pained moan escaped from Ginzo's lips, why did everything hurt so much? He shifted in his bed, grimacing at the unfamiliar scent of the sheets. Wait, how did he even get back home? The last thing he remembered was, he wasn't really sure "Thank god you're awake" An unfamiliar voice breathed. The owner of it sounded weary.

Ginzo's eyes suddenly snapped open in realisation, he wasn't in his own bed. He was in someone else's bed. He glanced around warily, spotting nothing that seemed to be threatening. Instead he spotted a young teen with shockingly indigo eyes and unruly brown hair. The boy looked like he was no older than 7 or 8 years old at most. He was also pale and startlingly thin, he could almost make out the other's bones on his small frame. Ginzo frowned, had this child been kidnapped and him taken as well due to being mistaken as a witness? He sat up in bed, noting how the sheets were threadbare "Do you know where this place is?" He asked, pausing when he realised that his voice sounded off.

The boy visibly grimaced at the question "Yes, it's where I live" He replied, glancing away as if he didn't really want to meet Ginzo's gaze. Ginzo scowled as he took a better look at his surroundings, they were clean, but the room's structure itself was in a state of disrepair. Everything within the room looked old and worn.

"Where are your parents?" He asked, not approving on how this child was living. Indigos darkened as the boy suddenly looked uncomfortable

"My situation isn't really important at the moment Keibu" The boy replied evenly "I'd think that your current situation is a more pressing matter than my own" He finished. Ginzo raised a brow. This kid was weird.

Ginzo frowned, not really understanding what this weird kid meant. The boy let out a sigh and shook his head, reaching over to the side of the bed and pulling out a medium mirror. Ginzo's jaw dropped in shock when he saw his reflection "What the fuck!?" He looked like a fucking 7 year old! What the hell happened to him? Kid couldn't do something like this, no matter how magical he tried to make himself look.

He looked at the boy, he'd dropped the mirror in favour of covering both ears with his hands "Who are you?" He asked, was this boy not actually a boy?

The boy opened his mouth slightly before closing it, a few moments after that he replied "I'll tell you who I am after I lay out the severity of your situation to you" The boy breathed, Ginzo went to refute but the boy silenced him with his gaze. The boy took a breath "You were mistakenly thought to have seen something that you shouldn't have..."  The boy trailed off for a moment "So the dangerous syndicate decided to poison you with an experimental poison" The boy shivered, a haunted look momentarily shadowing his face "Thankfully it failed" He'd been so terrified as he'd been forced to watch Ginzo scream and writhe in pain. He never wanted to experience something like that ever again. Ginzo opened his mouth to respond but the brunette held up a hand to silence him. He met Ginzo's gaze. "They think that you're dead' He paused "And you have to stay dead in order to stop the syndicate from murdering everyone associated with you" He finished.

Ginzo swallowed, not really wanting to believe the strange boy's words. Yet for some reason he did "Poisons can't make people shrink into children" He argued, knowing that his words were weak. He was now apparently a 7 year old after all.

Indigos flashed sympathetically as the boy gave him a weak smile "I wouldn't have believed it myself if I hadn't seen you shrink" He replied, not really wanting to think about how the other's bones had stretched almost through his skin at one point. Thankfully Ginzo's bones had begun to shrink as well before it had come to that.

Ginzo's fists clenched the sheets before his eyes suddenly widened in panic "Aoko!" He breathed, dread lacing his voice "I can't just leave her all alone" His wife had died years ago and he had no siblings to care for his daughter.

The boy put a comforting hand onto Ginzo's shoulder "Aoko will be fine" He smiled "I've edited your will so that she'll be put into the care of a very close friend of mine"

Ginzo blinked, jaw dropping slightly "You edited my will!?" He growled, appalled that the boy had done that. It didn't even register to him as weird that a child had done so.

The boy held up both hands in a placating manner "I only edited enough to put you daughter into the care of my friend. He's able to protect her if it gets out that you're still alive" The anger in Ginzo's glare seemed to cool a bit at his words "And to make sure all of your assets are able to be switched back into your ownership once everything gets settled" He added, neglecting to mention that he had absolutely no idea on how to go about fixing this mess. He was already having trouble dealing with his own mess, now he had the inspector's mess to deal with on top of that.

The inspector turned child gave the other a suspicious look over. A lot of things in this situation didn't really make a lot of sense to him. The boy gave a somewhat sheepish smile in return "Who are you?" He asked, this boy seemed to know too much for him to be some random passerby. He was either somehow already involved with this apparent syndicate, or he was like him, a shrunken victim. His eyes narrowed "There's no way in hell that you're a normal child" He breathed.

The boy gave an all too familiar grin "Of course I'm not normal" Ginzo's eyes widened, he knew that smug voice!

Me: I bet you weren't expecting Nakamori to be the one shrunk instead of Kaito~

Berry is smashing the timeline to create a unique story~

Berry knows that she's started posting this early but she just can't wait... Stupid ADHD... but berry has up to chappy 15 written so everything's fine~~

Cold weather is boosting her energy levels~

Hope you enjoyed~