102. Lavender Worries?

1028 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

Written May 8 2021
Posted June 5 2021

Instead of playing games on his phone like a normal kid, Kaito instead used the device to go over all of the different cure formulas that he'd made so far. All of them were similar, yet just different enough to be able to be classified as a new version. Though the lavender coloured one had been the most different when compared to the previous version so far, Kaito wanted to know what exactly went down chemically to make it work as it had. Unfortunately, magic was hard to logically retrace the steps needed to turn the previous one into the current one. He couldn't use equations to find the answer.

Not knowing was the most scary part even though he'd seen the testing results with his own eyes. He just didn't want anything bad to happen to the inspector as a result of his clumsiness. The boy had already started to recreate the lavender cure from the green using equations, or at least he was attempting to. Without the proper numbers and substances being known, it was kinda hard. He did save a few of the results though to look at later and maybe test out.

...If only the fancy lab computers had been able to identify all of the lavender cure's components, everything would have been so much easier then. Kaito scowled, he shouldn't have even run the tests after getting the errors that he had.

Kaito sighed, he wouldn't be able to stop worrying completely until Ginzo shrunk back down and the cure had filtered out of his system, whenever that would be. All he knew was that he was going to worry for quite a while since the one fact he knew about it was that the cure would last for quite a while. The last time he'd checked, the samples had yet to deteriorate. He'd at least wanted to see the timeline before giving Ginzo the pill... If only he hadn't dropped it.

With how he was stewing over his notes, time passed very quickly for Kaito, so Ginzo exiting the vents ended up startling him "You actually made it back" Kaito breathed, trying not to look as surprised as he felt. He'd been expecting that he'd have to fetch the other.

Ginzo huffed "Of course I did" Though that didn't mean that it hadn't taken him a while to get out once he'd decided that it was time to leave the vents. They all almost looked the same so traversing them had been a lot different than it had been at the apartment.

Kaito smiled, getting up from where he'd been sitting in the snow. His limbs felt stiff and his butt was numb from the cold "Did you have any problems?" He inquired, since he couldn't just assume that everything went well.

The inspector shook his head "I didn't hear anybody get suspicious and I only hit my knees or elbows a few times near the start. After that he'd been more careful since hitting the vents had hurt quite a bit. He shivered, the air felt extra cold after being within the heated vents while wearing winter clothing for so long "It's cold out here" He rubbed his arms in an attempt to warm them up "We should get back" Ginzo eyed Kaito "You're probably freezing"

"Just a bit stiff and wet" Kaito shrugged, his body heat had made the snow under him extra wet "I should have stood instead of sitting in the snow" He admitted "I'm fine th-!" He flailed as the ground slipped from under his feet.

Ginzo startled as Kaito suddenly yelped and grabbed onto him before smirking "So you really weren't lying when you said that you weren't good with ice" He chuckled.

Kaito scowled, cheeks flushed from more than just the cold as he let go of Ginzo's arms and straightened himself "Let's go back to our apartment" He didn't want to deal with any teasing. He really hated ice, especially when it was hidden beneath the snow.

The inspector chuckled, ruffling Kaito's hair "Okay" Kaito looked so small when he was his proper height, the blush made the boy look endearing in a childish way.

"After tonight you're going to spend the rest of your time practising in different vents" Kaito stated, heist plans had been built upon until neither of them could think of anything to add. The only thing left to do was to make sure that Ginzo's skills were passable and up to the task. The boy eyed the other "I'm also going to take a blood sample once we get back" Before they started dinner, that way it would be easier to work with.

Ginzo rolled his eyes "If you want to, I won't stop you" He wasn't a big fan of needles, he wasn't scared of them, they just made his arms sore. It was fine though, Kaito only took blood from him when he was worried and the boy technically had a good reason to be worried.

The inspector wasn't too worried though, Kaito's lab skills were scarily good. Not many people could reverse an unknown drug with just past and present DNA structures for comparison. Though not many people were weird enough to memorize other's DNA... It made him wonder how others would attempt to tackle the problem, would they be adventurous like Kaito? Or would they see no point in trying without the original formula?

"It's been in your system long enough that a sample should give me a decent amount of info" Hopefully. He really didn't want to see a bunch of errors crop up, though that would be better than seeing moderate to high cell death... Honestly Kaito would be happy to just confirm that Ginzo wasn't dying a deceptively painless death.

"I don't know much about high level sciencey stuff so I'll just take your word for it" Ginzo also doubted that the cures and poison worked like normal drugs because they were so weird. He may be wrong though.

Kaito nodded "I'll make sure to be back in time before supper is done" He liked the fancy machines that automated stuff for him. Though he'd make sure to keep some spare blood just in case said machines failed.

Me: So Kaito is still worried~ Ginzo still thinks it's fine, and the heist date draws closer~

Comment? ^-^

Fav chocolate bar? Mine is mint Aero. Or do you dislike them all?