104. Goodbye

1014 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

Written May 16 2021
Posted June 19 2021

NEXT UPDATE is on July 3 2021

*Cackles evily*

The boy smiled softly, a bit delirious from the blood loss "I trust you" He relaxed against Ginzo's chest, too weak to move. He felt oddly calm for some reason.

Ginzo scowled, extremely worried for the boy "Of course you do so shut up and rest" Kaito was really hurt, he probably shouldn't even be moved. Ginzo carried the boy anyways, it was less risky to get away. He called Danashi as he ran with Kaito, telling the other about their current situation.

"Keibu" Kaito had been silent up until now "Thank you for being with me" He felt numb, it was weird. But it made it easier for him to speak "Thought I'd die alone"

"You're not dying!" Ginzo hissed, eyes burning as he felt his shoulders slump.

Kaito hummed softly "Feels like it..."

Ginzo crouched down, gently laying Kaito on the ground. They were far enough away, he needed to put pressure on Kaito's wounds "Where'd you get shot?" There was too much blood to tell.

"M'back" Kaito tried to reach out, but felt too weak to move "Hold me?" The ground was cold, he was cold, Ginzo was warm.

The inspector fought a small whine in the back of his throat. He wasn't stupid, Kaito had lost too much blood "Of course" The snow easily fought any denial that tried to make itself heard. Ginzo gently picked Kaito back up, cradling the boy tightly against his chest. It was better than seeing the snow stain red. He was still putting pressure on the boy's back this way too.

"No pain" He just felt weak, really weak.

"That's" Ginzo swallowed a lump in his throat "I'm glad" He was grateful for whatever mercy was cutting away Kaito's pain. He was silent for a few moments "Want to see the gem?"

"Yeah..." It was hard to be scared of its power when he was dying anyways. Kaito let out a choked laugh when a red light burst from the diamond. No wonder they were so murderous... His vision blurred, he closed his eyes.

"Kaito?" The laugh had surprised him. When the boy didn't respond he tried again "Kaito?" Please, Kaito has got to stop doing this. It was nerve wracking "Kaito?" Ginzo gave the boy a small shake, despairing when he realized that Kaito had lost consciousness.

Why was Danashi taking so long?! Kaito was dying! The gem dropped to the ground, discarded in favour of holding Kaito even tighter. How was the damn thing even glowing anyways? Didn't it need moonlight to do that? Wait, it was Pandora! A gem of life! The inspector quickly snatched it back up, desperately pressing it against Kaito's cheek "Heal him you stupid rock!" His hand was trembling as he waited. The gem's glowing stopped, but Kaito didn't seem to change.

"So that's the gem you two were after?"

Ginzo jolted, taking a second to realize that Akako had appeared "Heal him" The gem wasn't doing anything and Akako knew magic so maybe she could help instead.

The witch smiled darkly "I do not have the ability to heal, Lucifer's prediction will come to pass" She eyed the boy, annoyed that he would no longer be under her contract "Pandora did what it could under the cloudy sky" Her eyes glinted a dangerous red "It will need centuries to regain its power, what a waste" It was a powerful gem that had many abilities depending on the circumstances in which it was used.

Growling, Ginzo turned his attention back to Kaito "Why the hell are you even here if you're not going to help?"

"Kaito fascinates me" Akako replied "I'd like to witness his end brought forth by his own stupidity" His strange magic that she'd damaged, and his skills, both made the boy interesting in her eyes.

"Get out of here you heartless witch!" He didn't care about angering her.

"You hurt him you know" Akako smirked, enjoying the confused look she got in return before leaving. She'd confirmed Kaito's approaching demise, she didn't have to watch now.

Shortly after the witch left, an ambulance wheeled up to them. Danashi hopped out of the back "Get him inside Dr.Kalos is already waiting for him" He ordered the paramedics who quickly took Kaito. He then turned to Ginzo "I have someone bringing over my car right as we speak"

It all happened so fast, Kaito was just in his arms, and now the boy was being loaded into the ambulance. Ginzo was silent as he numbly looked down at himself, there was so much blood "I want to be with him" He... Wasn't sure if Kaito wasn't already too far gone or not.

Danashi's gaze softened as he took note of how the inspector was trembling "You'd be in the way, there's more medics in that ambulance than usual"

"I-" Ginzo's shoulders slumped as a wave of weariness hit him "She said I hurt him" Now that Akako was gone, he allowed her words to sink in "I moved him a lot" And he didn't bleed out fast enough to die quickly... "I made him bleed faster"

Pursing his lips, Danashi nodded "Probably, but that means that the injury shouldn't worsen anymore" He sighed at how Ginzo seemed to wilt at his response "You both probably would have died for sure if you hadn't moved him"

"He was so weak, he couldn't even move" Ginzo's eyes burned, fingers clenching anxiously.

"He's being treated now, Dr.Kalos is an amazing doctor" Danashi assured. He wasn't the Hakuba's private doctor for nothing after all. Ginzo opened his mouth to speak, only to close it when Danashi's car pulled up. The two of them quickly got inside, leaving the one who'd driven it to them with some taxi fare and a bit extra for the trouble.

Kaito was going to be alright, Kaito had promised him that he wouldn't die tonight. He wasn't going to let the other break his promise to him... Damn it, Ginzo clasped his hands together, resting his elbows on his knees. He stared down at his hands, he couldn't do anything to help. He just, he just hoped that Kaito would still be alive when he got there.

Me: Ginzo is worried, Akako is an ass, and Kaito is dying (Dead?)... 

Will Kaito die without someone he trusts at his side? Will Ginzo be there in time? ^-^ I'm feeling very happy as I write this

Gunshot wounds have so many outcomes~ Kaito's response will be explained~ bit it's valid

Did the title scare you?... The timeing of the break is perfect >~<

Comment? ^-^

How do you prefer your chicken fetus? I prefer it fried onto bread

Or do you dislike eggs? I dislike them but I eat them since they're really good for you