17. Untitled Chappy

1006 Words excluding (A/N)~ I don't own MK/DC~

I can't think of a name for zee chappy~

Written September 19 2019
Posted November 28 2019

Kaito swiftly shook his head "No it's fine" He quickly replied "You really wouldn't like what I'm doing and anything legal would require proper identification" A wry smile made its way onto Kaito's face "And that's if you even manage to convince someone to even hire a child" He let out a breath "I'm grateful that you want to help out, but we can't risk you appearing so soon after your official death" It would be a long shot to actually properly identify the inspector as he was now, but Kaito still didn't want to risk it.

Ginzo frowned, Kaito's logic was good "Isn't there anything else I can do then?" He asked, not wanting to have to rely completely on a child for everything. It didn't matter that said child was Kaitou Kid, it still felt wrong for Kaito to have most of the workload. Ginzo was the adult, not Kaito.

"Well..." Kaito trailed off for a few moments in thought "I guess water duty, cleaning, foraging, and proper food storage could officially be your tasks" Kaito shrugged "It would save me a whole lot of time if you completely took over those tasks" He grinned "Then I'd just be in charge of getting money, the antidote, heists, buying items, and fetching some food" He often got a lot of good equipment from hospital dumpsters or from factory trash areas. It was a wonder the things people threw out just to get the newest tech. He could take the old tech and make it even better than the apparently 'better' tech. It paid to be educated in technology.The inspector grimaced, Kaito had a lot of the more difficult tasks. Though he also doubted that he'd even be able to complete any of those tasks as well as the other would. It was slightly frustrating. Indigos flashed sympathetically "Don't worry, we both have different strengths" He flashed a grin.

"It seems like you have a lot more strengths than I do" Ginzo scoffed, envious.

Kaito crouched down so that he wasn't looking down at Ginzo "Well you're at a severe disadvantage. All of your connections and contacts have been cut off from you" Kaito reasoned "Yes I may be more science savvy and sneaky, but you're also stronger, older, and better accustomed to proper life than me" Kaito wasn't really much of a fighter, he obviously specialised more in running away.

Ginzo rolled his eyes "You're probably stronger than me right now" There was no way a 7 year old could take down a thirteen year old without tricks, and Kaito was the master of tricks.

Kaito shrugged "My limb extensions that I use for heists actually give me most of my strength. They absorb energy and impact quite well" He glanced at Ginzo "If you really had to, you could probably use strength to overpower me if you catch me by surprise" He shrugged "My main boon against you is that I'm tall enough that you can't just hold me down easily" Indigos gleamed "If we were physically the same age, you'd beat me for sure. My muscles are geared towards cardio, not lifting" Kaito knew that he probably should do some weight lifting, but he also didn't really want to. He liked his lithe figure quite a lot.

"But we're not the same age" Ginzo muttered darkly.

Kaito grinned "The same argument can be said that you're not in the right body right now" The boy countered, using a similar argument against him in regards to Ginzo's frustrations "Honestly, it's a good thing right now" He breathed "It's easier to keep you hidden while your small" Indigos gleamed as they met Ginzo's gaze "I'm pretty sure a proper sized Keibu would be harder to hide" It would have also been a lot riskier for Kaito if the other could physically move him.

Ginzo blinked "But we wouldn't be in this situation if I hadn't shrunk"

Indigos darkened "It wouldn't have changed the fact that they would have still attempted to kill you" It would have been a lot harder to get Ginzo to safety "So I still would have brought you here" He winced "Though I probably would have been a lot more cautious since you'd be able to haul me over your shoulder and take me to the police station" That would have been utterly embarrassing if that outcome didn't ultimately result in both of their deaths.

Ginzo blinked "That's actually something I would have done if you hadn't explained the danger before revealing to me who you are..." Especially if he'd been in his original body.

The boy nodded "Which means that you shrinking is actually a benefit to our safety, and safety trumps all other subjects" If they weren't safe like this, they'd end up dead in no time. Even during heists, he had a set level of safety. All he really had to do was remove his limb extensions and the Crows wouldn't even take a second look at him. Though if he did that too much, suspicions could arise.

"I hadn't really thought about it like that..." Ginzo mused, suddenly feeling a bit better about his situation. It was good to know that he wasn't a complete inconvenience.

Kaito smiled "Not many people really would, they'd mainly focus on the negatives" He smirked "I guess it's a good thing that I don't think like most people do" He snickered. Thinking outside the box was an ability that he truly cherished, especially with how many times it's saved him in the past.

Ginzo nodded "True, most people can't compete with your level of crazy" He replied, giving the other a smirk.

Kaito let out a small breath of laughter "Eat you food, I'll see you sometime tomorrow at the latest" He winked "If I'm not back by sundown tomorrow, I probably died in a really stupid and pathetic way" Indigos gleamed "If that's the case, save me the embarrassment and don't look for me" He snickered before vanishing into the trees.

The inspector clicked his tongue, of course he had to have the last word.

Me: Kaito's humour got dark XD

Hope you enjoyed~ It be fun to write~

Berry has so many different story ideas that she wants to write >^< but she can't write them all cause then she'd get overloaded by having too many ongoing books....

It's so hard not writing them all >^< berry wants to so bad... Gah