66. Misty

1015 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

Written May 30 2020
Posted July11 2020

When the inspector entered the kitchen, he was met with a weird sight. The area was coated in wasted batter, which had been expected, but that wasn't what was odd. Kaito was crouched down near the fridge, a bowl and spoon in hand, indigo gleaming with something he didn't really ever remember seeing on the boy. He also had a mischievous smile, but it was different than the one he had as Kid.

"Oh Keibu" Kaito glanced down at the bowl he'd been weaponizing, flushing in embarrassment. He hadn't meant to really get caught up in getting back at Mistressan, it had just happened "Sorry for the mess" He breathed, only just now realizing that they really had made a mess of the place "You don't have to help clean it up" He added, wishing that he hadn't acted so childish.

Ginzo snorted "Why don't you go clean yourself up" Kaito looked kinda funny coated in batter, though none of it had hit the other's bandages thankfully.

Mistressan giggled at how Kaito's face went even redder at the mention of him being messy "I'll help clean until it's my turn to clean myself up" Kaito had gotten her good once he'd actually started to try.

Kaito ducked his head, ears burning for some reason "Okay" He agreed before swiftly heading towards the washroom.

"Poor boy, getting flustered from acting like a kid" Mistressan's eyes were soft. It was cute seeing Kaito all embarrassed, but also sad when she thought about why he was flustered.

Ginzo eyed the woman "How did you get him to actually play along?" He couldn't help but feel jealous of her achievements regarding Kaito.

Slate softened as a smile tugged at Mistressan's lips "I can't believe you're jealous" Years of working with clients have honed her abilities to read people, especially males "You're still Kaito's favourite" She teased, shifting so that she was resting most of her weight on one him "I may have gotten him to be childish, but you're the one who gives him the feelings of safety and protection"

Safety and protection? The inspector recalled how many times the boy had just clung to him "I wasn't jealous" He denied, grabbing some paper towel so that he could start cleaning up.

Mistressan smirked "Sure" She joined in on the clean up.

When Kaito came back from the bathroom, freshly showered, with clean clothes, and bandages, he immediately went to go help them.

"How are you going to clean up without new clothes?" Ginzo inquired, realizing that the woman's clothes were indeed dirty.

She raised a brow at the question "I'm a veteran prostitute" Ginzo choked at her words "I always have back up clothes" Mistressan replied, fetching her purse before heading towards the washroom.

Kaito smiled a bit at the other's reaction "And that is why I teased you so much as Kid" Indigo gleamed a bit "Your reactions are funny"

Ginzo spluttered a bit before replying "I just forgot what she did for a moment" It wasn't something that was usually talked about by most people, if at all.

Indigo softened "She's wired funny, I am too" He tossed away some soiled paper towel "But in different ways of course" Mistressan liked what she did, she wasn't desperate for the attention nor ashamed.

They'd been cleaning for a bit when the inspector suddenly had a thought come to mind, he  eyed Kaito "Since she knows your name, do you know hers?" Her real one of course. Mistressan had told him that Kaito had called her 'Mistressan'. That meant that it wasn't her real name.

"I-" Kaito frowned a bit, indigo suddenly darkening a bit "I'm not sure if she has one besides Mistressan or 'The Mistress'" He admitted "You'd have to ask her yourself" He sure wasn't going to, he knew all too well that there are just some things that you just don't want to talk about.

"Oh sneaky" Both males jumped "Talking about me?" Mistressan inquired, her hair was a bit damp and she'd changed into a nice fitting green and white striped shirt and black yoga pants.

The boy blinked "I thought females were supposed to take longer in the shower" Or at least that's what he'd always heard people say.

Mistressan snickered "I already showered today so I didn't need to do much" She thankfully hadn't gotten anything in her hair. She tilted her head "So why were you guys talking about my name?"

Ginzo gave a small shrug "I was just curious since you're apparently going to be close to Kaito" It felt weird not to know since he had a feeling that she'd be around often.

"Oh" The woman was silent for a few moments "I guess that I'm sort of like Kaito in how I don't know what my name is" It had never really bothered her. She offered a small smile "I was raised to be 'The Mistress' and that was all I was called" She leaned over to ruffle Kaito's hair "When I got free I just kept the name until Kaito came along"

Alarm filled the inspector when her words registered "Free?" When he glanced at Kaito, he noted that the boy didn't seem surprised, just intrigued and curious.

Mistressan offered a small shrug "It doesn't really matter" Slate gleamed "What really matters is that I'm going to bring a whole lot of chocolate over the next time I visit" Children deserved sweets, especially Kaito.

A small blush tinted the boy's cheeks "You don't have to" He paused, as if contemplating something "Misty"

"Misty?" Ginzo inquired, feeling confused along with the previous concern about the woman.

"Yeah" Kaito nodded "It's English, but it sounds similar to Mistressan and describes her eye colour a bit"

Slate softened as Mistressan knelt down to give the boy a hug "You're so sweet" She breathed, eyes burning at just how wonderful Kaito was "I like the name Misty" Misty replied softly, heart melting "Mistressan Misty" It sounded a bit weird, but she liked it.

Kaito flashed a bright smile as he pulled away from the hug "And I'm Kuroba Kaito" He liked the last name that Ginzo had chosen for their disguises so he was going to keep it.

Me: So she has a proper name now~

This chappy seems kinda sweet to me? *cackles* next week though...

Hope you enjoyed~

Below is unflattering pic of Mizu XD she's not fat but she looks it from her body position

Much more elegant

Much more elegant