5. Inspection

1018 Words excluding (A/N)~ I don't own MK/DC~

Written September 11 2019
Posted October 9 2019

Kaito frowned sympathetically "Why don't you think about it while I go find something for us to eat" He stated as he hopped down from the bed. He figured that leaving the other alone for a bit would help him sort out his thoughts. He paused, glancing back at Ginzo "Just please don't leave here, at least not until I've come back" He really wasn't in the mood to track down the other.

At the mention of food, Ginzo felt his stomach churn in hunger, when was the last time he'd eaten again? It had at least been a few hours since then "I don't really have anywhere else to go" He huffed.

The boy smiled "Hopefully the sedatives I gave you will have left your system by then" He breathed. At Ginzo's affronted look he explained "The poison was causing you a lot of pain" He shrugged "I figured that you'd rather wake up with minimal pain" That and he'd figured that a sedated inspector would be easier to deal with. He wasn't planning to sedate him again, he'd gotten his main points across to the other. It would have been kinda hard to explain himself if Ginzo had kept interrupting him.

A small growl made it's way into the back of Ginzo's throat "I won't leave" His gaze narrowed "Don't sedate me again" Kaito held his hands up in defense.

"Deal" He replied before vanishing.

Once Kaito had left, Ginzo slipped out of the bed, intent on investigating Kaito's living space more thoroughly. It wasn't everyday he could safely inspect the living area of an international criminal. Those inspections were usually more tense and nerve wracking. Kid was one of the few international criminals that wouldn't attempt to assault him on sight. Sleeping gas didn't really count as assault in his books, because then assault charges would have been added to Kid's file. That would make the thief sound more dangerous than he actually was.

He walked over towards a word cabinet, the white paint was visibly peeling and the wood underneath didn't seem to be faring any better. He carefully pulled on the handle, grateful that it was metal instead of wood. Splinters could be a bitch to deal with, though rusted metal didn't really seem to be much better. Maybe that was why Kaito had been wearing gloves during their talk, this place was a wreck. He blinked when the insides revealed a large first aid kit, it was bigger than the standard ones back at the station. He grimaced at the smeared blood stains littering the outside of it, as if Kaito had initially attempted to keep the outside clean, but had eventually given up. Maybe Kaito only closed the case once his injuries were safely covered? He wasn't sure, but he doubted that the other wasn't aware of proper medical procedures.

He closed the drawer and pulled out the one beneath it to reveal a sealed medical kid, this one much bigger than the first. He closed the drawer and opened the bottom one only to reveal that it's contents were the same as the middle drawer. He frowned, first aid kits of this grade weren't given to just anyone, these ones often held a few restricted substances. His eyes narrowed when he read the expiration date, the kit was expired. Some medicines still worked past their date to a certain extent, they just lost some of their potency depending on the time and medicine. He doubted that Kaito would actually steal good medicine from hospitals, he wasn't a proper thief after all. That, and he'd never steal something that could help others, it went against his MO. In reality, Kaito probably snatched them after they'd been signed off to be disposed off.

He frowned, there wasn't really anything else within the room besides the cabinet and bed. He stepped out of the room into a sketchy looking hallway, he hadn't noticed before, but the room's light source had been sunlight. With no windows, the hallway was cloaked in darkness. Shit, did Kaito seriously live here?! No wonder he was so good at creeping around in the dark. He tried to flick on the light switch, only for nothing to happen. He huffed, having expected that would be the case. He could see somewhat thanks to the light from the previous room, and the sight of the boarded up doors was a little concerning. Surely Kaito would have removed the boards if he'd wanted to. So maybe those rooms were boarded up for a reason? He wouldn't have been too surprised if it was because those rooms were structurally unsafe.

He made his way down the hallway until he was met with some stairs, he eyed them warily before making his way down them. They seemed solid enough due to them being made of concrete. The lack of a railing didn't really concern him that much, he could see the marks that indicated there'd once been a railing. It was better to have no railing, than to have an unstable one. Unstable railings just gave a false sense of security.

At the bottom of the stairs he was met with a clean, but cracked tile floor. He now understood why Kaito hadn't taken his shoes off. This room too seemed to have no electricity at all, and the places where kitchen appliances were supposed to be were empty except for a giant stack of reusable water bottles. All of them were filled to the brim with water. Shit, was there no running water here? He looked out a window to see that the building was surrounded by trees and the sound of flowing water faintly reached his ears.

This all had to be a small joke, Kaito had taken him here first just in case he'd tried to betray Kaito. There was actually no way that someone could actually live here. Plus there was only one bed, where was Kaito's mother supposed to sleep when she came back from wherever she was? It was a smart move taking him to a dummy house, he had to give Kaito that at least.

Me: Ick health hazard much? I'd hate to live in that place~

Hope you enjoyed~

What is your favourite meat? (Or meat substitute)

Berry favours chicken, no breading, breading on chicken is icky. Just plain cooked naked chicken is good to berry~

Least fav is tough meats or dry meats, berry doesn't use condiments, sauces or gravy. Plain meat is ideal for zee berry. No steaks, ribs or roasts besides turkey or chicken for berry~