78. Butterfly___

1028 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

Written October 3 2020
Posted October 24 2020

NEXT UPDATE is November 7 2020

Ginzo was feeling a bit concerned, he'd barely seen Kaito at all over the last few days. The boy had actually told him that he'd be taking care of his own meals for the meantime so he didn't even see him at mealtime. He also had a sneaking suspicion that the other hadn't been returning at night.

The inspector checked his phone, noting that it was almost midnight. He should really turn in for the night, but he wanted to catch sight of Kaito. At the very least, he wanted to check and make sure that the boy hadn't been neglecting his health.

He had actually been dozing off when the sound of the door locking brought him back to alertness. Ginzo sat up "What's been up with you lately?" There was no point in beating around the bush.

Kaito blinked, just barely stopping himself from jumping. He'd been expecting Ginzo to already be asleep by now. He turned towards the other "I've been preparing some things" He really shouldn't have left it all to the last moments. He quickly removed his winter clothes.

Now that he could see Kaito's face, the inspector was relieved to see that he didn't seem ill, though there were some bandages "What happened?" The boy wasn't pale, so there couldn't be any serious blood loss.

Kaito tilted his head, looking confused for a moment before seeming to realize what the other was talking about "Oh" He swiftly unwrapped the bandages from his arm to reveal a medium sided cut down the outer length of his forearm "I fell on some glass when I chased away a group of jerks from Misty. Don't worry, it's been cleaned and I'm only using bandages since it's a bit too long for band aids to be useful" He was glad that he'd decided to give Misty her gift tonight.

Ginzo blinked, surprised by the answer before becoming concerned "Is she okay?" The woman did frequent some shady areas.

"Yeah" Kaito nodded, re-wrapping his arm "I gave her some things to use for emergencies, but she hadn't been near her work" Which meant that it wasn't likely for her to be sought out easily. He let out a giggle "She knows how to use heels efficiently, my cut was the worst of our injuries" The smoke and gas pellets should be enough to deal with any future problems if there are any. Though he would be keeping an eye on the area just in case.

Okay, he could definitely see Misty being capable enough to nail people with her heels "That's good" He eyed Kaito curiously "But isn't it a weird time to visit her?" It was late and Kaito could have done it in the morning.

Indigo gleamed, a sheepish smile making its way onto his face "I wasn't sure if you'd approve of the gift I got her" He'd failed to make the special fabric less translucent while retaining it's light feel. So he'd used the translucent fabric to make her some nice underclothes that felt like nothing instead. Misty had almost suffocated him by how tight she'd hugged him, claiming that she loved how unrestricted they'd feel.

Ginzo held back a grimace "I see..."

Kaito suddenly blushed and lowered his gaze "I wasn't sure what to get you..." A pretty sky blue box with a red bow suddenly appeared in his hands "But I thought that this could be nice" He really hoped that Ginzo liked it, it'd been the only thing he could think of "Merry Christmas" It was past midnight so it was technically Christmas. He held out the box.

Oh, so Kaito had probably been preparing gifts... "I'm sure that I'll like it" Ginzo smiled, warmed by how the boy was fidgeting. That meant that he really cared about what he thought. He took the box and carefully opened it, pausing when he saw the contents "This is..." His words trailed off.

"I couldn't make a full cure, and even if I could, I couldn't give it to you yet" The boy wrung his hands together, still not meeting Ginzo's gaze "You're favourite suit got destroyed..." So he'd made a few more durable versions "So I made copies that were lined subtly with Kevlar in a way that makes it unnoticeable..." To protect Ginzo better "You can't wear them yet though..." Kaito lifted his gaze "But I promise that I'll do my best to make sure you can before next Christmas" One Christmas away from his daughter was already one too many.

Ginzo felt the fabric, it felt nice, and he wouldn't have thought that it had Kevlar "I really love them" Kaito's gift wasn't really the clothing, but the promise that said clothing meant "Is your Kid outfit made like this too?" He was curious.

Kaito shook his head "Not exactly, it's more heavy to make up for my own lack of weight" It wasn't perfect, but it did negate a lot of damage that he'd normally take "It's more for shock absorption and cuts, so don't think that since it has Kevlar, you can take a bullet" Ginzo's gift actually weighed the same as normal clothing would.

The inspector's gaze softened "I'll be going after dangerous criminals more often, good thinking" Him getting the cure would mean that Kaitou Kid would be no more... The thought was weird, but at least Kaito would still be around.

The boy stifled a yawn "We should sleep now, Misty said that she was coming over sometime" He paused "Today" He'd almost said 'tomorrow'.

Ginzo nodded, having expected that she'd come on Christmas "Sleep well" He carefully tucked the suit back into the box, making sure that the lid was secure. It was a really great gift, more thoughtful than the previous Christmas gifts Kaito as Kid had gotten him. It made him wonder if him and Aoko would get along, if she knew the real person behind Kid like he did. If Kaito managed to succeed, he couldn't help but wonder about next Christmas. Would he be with Aoko or Kaito? It all depended on the Crow's defeat... He would go back to Aoko, and Kaito... Well he sure as hell wasn't going to let the boy get arrested.

Me: So Kaito's gift ended up being both simple and not so simple~

None of you should understand the title yet ^-^ but some of you may, eventually.

Though some may have a guess, it's possible

Hope you enjoyed~

=~= I started playing an app called WildCraft...

Running around as a fox murdering everything is oddly addictive...