83. Talking and Preparation

1020 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

Written November 14 2020
Posted December 12 2020

With Christmas over, Kaito set himself with determination as he used the remaining time before his heist to actually plan it. The busyness helped to keep his thoughts more light. Thankfully, unlike the last time the Mermaid's Heart was in Japan, it was actually being displayed in Tokyo instead of Osaka. The lack of travel time required to get to the site was a blessing, it gave him more time to form a plan that would best ensure his own safety.

To be honest, even though he hated stealing, Kaito couldn't help but feel excited at the prospect of another heist. He'd been cooped up for way too long, while comfortable, he was the sort of person that liked to be active. Sitting on his butt all day wasn't something that he could do for too long.

It was also a great relief to learn that the sapphire wasn't going to be displayed in a fish themed room, instead the room was adorned with pretty coral, shells, and starfish decorations. Apparently just having fish displays wasn't special enough, it was odd, but Kaito was not going to argue against his good luck.

"Are you sure that you want to come too?" Kaito inquired as he began to make sure his hang glider was in tiptop shape "I've already checked the place, and there's actually no f-" He winced "No horrible decorations" Wow, he couldn't say 'fish', that was kinda disappointing, if not a little sad. He needed to work on that, they lived in Japan.

"I might as well" Ginzo shrugged "There's not many things I can go out and do for fun" And it wouldn't hurt to be cautious, just in case something bad happened. He was planning to bring one of the shorter lasting antidotes and a change of clothes too. The clothes were just as important.

"Okay" The boy saw no reason to argue, the museum was just a few streets away from where their apartment was. The same one that had displayed the Blue Birthday. He liked that museum, it often displayed just the right kind of gem he was looking for "Are you going to be in the crowd or on the sidelines?"

"The sidelines" The inspector affirmed "There's no way that I'll risk getting myself trampled by all your crazy fans"

Kaito snickered "My Kid persona just has a way with making people go crazy" He gave the other a cheeky grin "I seem to recall that you've done some pretty crazy stunts trying to capture me" Having the other chase him had been fun, he almost missed it.

Ginzo grimaced, remembering how he'd climbed a pole just so that he could ambush the other. He had actually caught the other off guard that night, but he'd lost his balance and had to be caught by the thief in the end. It hadn't been one of his greater moments "In my defence, trying to capture you normally obviously wasn't going to work" He'd realized that after a few dozen heists.

The boy smiled "That's true" He pulled out a bottle and began to spread a clear liquid over the hang glider's movable metal joints. It was a custom made concoction since he'd gotten tired of accidentally staining his glider during maintenance. Oil was a pain to deal with, especially if the clothing was supposed to be perfectly white "You've actually given me a run for my money quite a few times"

The praise made Ginzo happy, but at the same time made him feel a bit guilty. Back then, he hadn't known that capture would be deadly for the other "I had to think outside the box, it's the only reason why I never really got replaced" There had been upstarts trying to take his job, but they'd all failed horribly. It also helped that the thief had acknowledged his skill after each and every failure that the upstarts had. Not to mention that the pranks had also been mean, long lasting itching powder still sounded horrible to deal with.

Kaito nodded "When this is all over, you and the rest of the Kid task force shouldn't have any difficulty going after most criminals" They were used to using their heads, they were all highly skilled, it just didn't seem obvious. Not when they were being compared to Kaitou Kid "You'll all find that your skills exceed that of many of your coworkers' talents" Indigo gleamed "Especially if you're part of a manhunt"

The next few hours were filled with idle chatter as the inspector watched Kaito check over his tools and take inventory on what he was planning to use, and some stuff he might need or want to use. It was interesting to actually see the other go over everything, double and triple checking everything that had moving parts. The carefulness in which Kaito did so was also very reassuring, it showed that he was valuing his own safety.

Kaito stood up, brushing off his knees "Well..." Kaito had just finished stuffing his Kid outfit. Even though he'd watched him do it, he still didn't have a single clue how so many things could possibly fit in it "I think all of my equipment is ready to use, now all I have to do is go check to make sure that some of my previous prep hasn't been tampered with. Once a flock of pigeons had taken over a pulley mechanism, ruining it with their poop. That had ended up with him having a nasty fall and a sprained foot. The boy met Ginzo's gaze "I won't be back until I have the gem" The heist was now in a few hours, it wouldn't make sense to come back, only to leave a bit later.

Ginzo smirked "I'll see you tonight then, be safe"

Indigo softened "I'll do my best" Getting himself hurt would both be painful, and hurt Ginzo as well. With that, Kaito hopped out the window, he'd change into his Kid clothes when it was nearing the heist time.

The inspector shook his head in exasperation, and here he'd thought that Kaito had been getting better at using the door instead of the window.

Me: So another heist~ Yay, will it be simple? Or will things go crazy?

^-^ ... Excited

Hope you enjoyed~

Rats are jerks that will yank off your bandaid 0.0 They will persist until they've succeeded

Green or red grapes? Or none? I like red the most ^-^

I know there are other kinds, but it's simplest to ask about the most common