Obsessions Part 45

"Stop the act."

A girl with platinum long white hair spoke.

"...."

"Jabami."

a/n. please don't be confused. this is yumeko's sister.

The black haired woman sitting in front of her didn't look at her. She had her head lowered and only played with her fingers.

"I know you can understand me. We've already dug through your medical records."

Jabami stopped fidgeting and froze but still didn't talk.

"I only want to know why. Why did you lie to (y/n)? Why didn't you tell her you knew her parents? Why did you take everything from her?"

Jabami finally looked up. Her features were now far from a crazed woman. She looked more composed, more collected. She seemed a lot calmer.

"I did not." she said.

"What do you mean you didn't?"

"It was an accident. I didn't mean to hit them. I admit I got scared. I didn't tell (y/n) everything because she was so young. All I could do was take her home with me and care for her. I kept her safe."

"Safe? From who?"

"Your father."

"My....father?"

"You do remember the accident? I hired an investigator. We found out it's your father that did it. I still don't know much but I guessed he might've known (Y/n)'s background and decided he had to kill her before your mother found out." Jabami explained.

"I had to hide her and cut off all connections with us for her own safety. Her parent's assets on her would only make it easier for your father to find her so we transferred everything to us. We didn't take anything from it. I hired somebody to keep an eye on (Y/n). All her part time jobs, we payed the owners to take her in and gave her money through her salaries."

"But she still lived so poorly." Kirari said.

"We can't give her everything in one go. That would be too suspicious. You know your families connections."

"I see."

"Then..." Jabami continued. "Yumeko found her in Hyakkaou where you reign as the president. She thought you had your eyes on (Y/n) as an enemy, and you know the rest."

"Wait. What does Mama have to do with this again?" Kirari asked. "And as far as I remember, Papa did that to (Y/n) because of our gamble. He thought of her as a threat to the position of being a family head. That's why.... I partly blamed myself for what happened."

"She-"

A knock from the door interrupted their conversation. Sakura opened it from the outside and stepped aside to let someone in.

"I'll take it from here."

"Mama?"

Mrs. Momobami looked around the room looking for someone.

"Where's (Y/n)?" she asked. "You still haven't taken her back?"

------

"(Y/n). Come." Kirari called. She patted the seat next to her, gesturing for you to sit there.

You stood up to go to her but Yumeko grabbed your hand to stop you.

"No, y/n. Trust me. You'll be in danger if you go with her." she said.

"It's more dangerous if she's with you and your sister." Kirari rebutted then glared at you. "Y/n. Stop being an idiot and come here this instant. I'm losing my patience with you."