Obsessions Part 32

"(Y/n). I'm marrying Murasame."

Kirari said while she lied beside you on your bed.

"What are you talking about? This is so sudden." you said.

"We're engaged. This will be our last time together. I've tried making you love me. I've done everything I know I could. (Y/n), I think it's time to give up on you."

"Kirari.... No. There must be a reason. Tell me! I can't accept this!"

"Why not? You've pushed me away so many times."

"How? Why? When did this happen?"

"Before I found you."

Kirari explained everything. Her mother was there when Murasame beat her in a gamble.

"Mama isn't someone who backs down from her promises. She might be ruthless but she had always kept her words. Of course, that also applies to promises other people made to her. She threatened Murasame to marry me in exchange for his sister's safety. She wouldn't take no for an answer. So I also accepted my fate without question."

"That's absurd. Just because of a gamble..."

"Gambling decides everything around me."

"Is this what you want though?"

"Of course not. You know you're the one I wanted to be with"

"Kirari. I challenged you for our positions. I won't back down because of this."

"I don't expect you to."

"Then.. I will give you a show you will surely enjoy."

"I'm looking forward to it."

----

"Four pairs have entered the second round. This time we will be playing dual clash poker."

Sayaka explained the rules.

"Two pairs of players will have 8 cards each, numbered 1 to 7 and a joker. Players will choose a card and reveal them at my signal. The stronger card, meaning the higher number, will win. If two players dealt the same card, it will be cancelled out and the next higher number will be the winner."

"The joker is the strongest card. If you play the joker, the player can choose the number he/she wants it to represent. The battle will stop once a pair have gained for points and will be considered the winner."

"We drew lots to determine the order of the duel. For the first set, Kiwatari's team versus Saotome and Arukibi."

The two teams sat on their respective seats. They we're given the cards and the battle started. Mary and Jueri easily scored four points consecutively.

The next set of teams were Yumeko and Suzui versus Itsuki's team. Yumeko played the other team a bit while acting like they were losing for the first three rounds then winning on the next until they finished the game on their win.

All teams have been given a short break before the finals.

----

"Mary. It's time. Make sure to vote on Yumeko's team."

You met up with Mary after their matches.

"You're bringing me to my demise aren't you?" she said.

"Who knows?"

"Bastard. Be thankful I love you."

"Mary-"

"Shut up! I know! You don't have to tell me anything. I'll do my job, you do yours. If this will make you happy, that's enough for me."