Obsessions Part 48

"Chizuru. Will you marry me?"

Marco kneeled in front of the woman while holding a little red box. He opened it and inside, there was a ring.

"Marco, I can't-"

"Please, Chizuru. I truly love you. And I promised Karin I would take care of you."

"But Marco, I can't do this to you. You're always so kind. I can't use you like this."

"I don't mind. As long as I can be with you."

"Marco....."

------

"Marco, look. Our baby is so pretty."

Chizuru was laying down on a hospital bed. A baby beside her.

"She surely is. I wish she would grow to be as smart and beautiful as you are."

"I wish she would be as kind and caring as you Marco."

"You don't want her to be a rascal like you?"

"Marco!" Chizuru scolded her husband.

The couple laughed.

-----

"I'm so excited to go back. I've been waiting for this moment for so long." Chizuri said as she packed their clothes.

Behind her was Marco, playing with a little kid.

"Me too. We will also be able to see Karin again." he said.

Chizuru stopped. She sat next to her husband.

"Do you think she's alright?"

"I seriously have no idea. She never answered any of my letters. But Karin is smart and strong. Look at this."

Marco gave her a magazine showing the Momobamis. It was Karin and her family. The child stared at the photo curiously.

"She doesn't look happy. I want to free her."

"We will. We've worked so hard until we're on par with the Momobamis."

"Thank you, Marco."

"There's no need to thank me. I did this because I love you."

"Oh Marco....."

-----

Karin Momobami sat on a chair, waiting for her flight. She had a bored expression and was absentmindedly playing with some dice on her hand.

"Ma'am Karin, why didn't you just use the Momobami private plane? You didn't have to wait this long for a flight. It must've been such a hassle to you." the maid who was with her spoke.

"I'm fine. I was actually hoping to see some familiar faces here."

"Your friends, ma'am?"

"Mhm."

Suddenly a child ran up to her, looking curiously at the dice she was holding. Karin took a glance then stood up when she heard her flight being called.

"Please take care ma'am!" the maid called out and bowed.

Karin only waved her hand without looking back. The maid squatted down at the child.

"Hi!" she said.

"Hi." the child greeted back. She then stared at the leaving woman's back and pointed at her. "Mama. Friend."