Obsessions Part 47

"Your mom and I never talked again after that. In the end, I was a coward. I married Rod. A few years later, I heard that Marco and Chizuru moved back to his country. I was so heartbroken just by thinking about how far she is from me although I can't complain since I'm the one who pushed her away."

Mrs Momobami continued her story. Everyone was silently listening.

"The first few years of being Rod's wife was hell. He forced me. He... he..."

"You don't have to say it. We understand." Yumeko's sister said.

Mrs Momobami sighed.

"Every time I opposed him, he got violent. He hurt me several times. I got tired of it and was almost losing hope. But then, you two came."

Mrs Momobami looked at her twins. Ririka blushed and looked away while Kirari pretended not to hear and played with your hand instead.

-----

Past...

Karin sat on her bed, staring at the babies sleeping there.

"They look so calm. So peaceful. You twins are so beautiful." she said. "I might hate your father though I can never hate you. If you weren't here, I would've already taken my life." 

Somebody knocked and entered the room.

"A letter came for you ma'am Karin." a maid whispered to the woman and gave her an envelope.

"A letter? From who?"

"It says, Marco."

"Marco!?"

Karin hurriedly opened the envelope and read the letter. She covered her mouth with her hand. Tears started falling from her eyes.

"Are you okay ma'am?"

"Yes. It says here that Marco and Chizuru have been married and they're having their baby soon."

Karin looked at the photo included in the envelope, it was Chizuru. She looked so happy.

"I'm so glad... I'm so glad.... you can live happily."

Karin read more of the letter.

'When our child is big enough to travel, we've agreed to go back and visit you if possible. Chizuru misses you so much. She's very worried about you too. I told her not to stress so much. I'm taking care of her, so rest easy. We hope to see you soon.'

"I'll wait," Karin whispered.

Heavy footsteps echoed outside. The maid ran to Karin's drawer in a panic.

"Karin!" a man's voice shouted.

The maid went back to wipe Karin's tears and fix her dress.

"Take this." Karin gave the envelope to the maid. "Burn it."

"Yes, ma'am."

"Karin! I told you I wanted to see you as soon as I come home! Why aren't you waiting for me at the main door? What have you been doing!?"

The maid opened the door for the man. She bowed and left.

"Rod, honey. Calm down. You might wake up the twins." Karin walked towards her husband. She caressed his cheeks and kissed him.

"What's with you? Are you sick?" he said.

"Is it so wrong to show my love for my husband?"

"No. Of course not. I like it." Rod smirked. "You're starting to learn."