Obsessions Part 20

I'm here. I'm also here. So why do you only see her?

"Kirari!"

"Kirari look at this!"

"Kirari you look so pretty."

"Kirari, I'll always be with you."

Why do you always call her? I'm here. Right beside her. Do I have to be her for you to see me?

Little Kirari and you are playing in the garden. The young Ririka watched the two of you.

"She's been visiting us very often lately." Rin said. He and Ibara sat beside Ririka on a bench.

"She's very fond of Kirari." Ibara said.

"Yeah. And here we thought Kirari would get tired of her easily. We even gambled how long it would take until she throws her back to Yumeko." Rin said.

"And it took years man. We all lost." Ibara answered.

"She's.... not very hard to like." Ririka whispered.

"Oh? How would you know? You're always only watching from afar."

Rin and Ibara laughed. They stood up and left, still laughing and mumbling. Ririka continued to watch over you and Kirari.

-----

Little Ririka looked outside the shop window. She admired the ribbon displayed in the rack.

"It's so pretty. I want it." she said. "Would papa and Kirari get mad at me? But I really want it."

She walked inside the shop. After a few minutes, she ran out followed by the angry shop owner.

"Hey! Get back here thief!" the man shouted.

-----

"Ririka! Why are you stealing!? We have a lot of money you can spend and you chose to be a thief!? Do you even know what effect that would have!?" Her father shouted at her.

Ririka didn't answer. She only cried.

"We are a well known family! Because of your little stunt, you would put a stain in our names! You are a Momobami. I will make sure you remember that!"

Her father removed his belt and rolled it in his hand. He raised his arms ready to strike little Ririka.

"No! Wait!" Kirari entered the room wearing the ribbon. She ran to Ririka. "It was me! We look exactly the same. The owner must have mistaken her for me. I'm sorry papa."

Kirari hugged Ririka protectively.

"You have always been one to break the rules. Why don't you be like your sister for once Kirari!?"

"Ririka. Go out and play with (Y/n). Pretend to be me. She will play with you." Kirari whispered to her twin.

"I'm allowed to?" Ririka asked.

"Yes. Now go."

Ririka wiped her tears and went out. Kirari smiled at her as she closed the door. She leaned back and was surprised when a loud sound from behind the door echoed. Then another, and another. She heard Kirari cry and little Ririka started crying again.

-----

"Which one of us.. is me?"

"I'll always know you, Kirari."

"I'm so happy!"

The other twin watched in shock as the two kids hugged.

"But... I am Kirari." little Ririka whispered.