Obsessions Part 23

"Okay. Let's talk. I want to apologize to you too. I guess, I've played you too in some way. We all have done each other wrong. I think it's time to correct things."

You stopped running and pulled Ririka back.

"I think we've ran far enough. Nobody else is here too. Now tell me everything you know."

-----

"Miri, I've discovered what Kirari's weakness is." Miyo spoke to her little sister.

"You do? Will you tell the others?" Miri asked.

"Of course not. We're going to move on our own and take Kirari's crown for ourselves. Then no one can separate us again."

"What's your plan?"

"We do what we do best. A little poison will do the trick." Miyo smirked. "Let's go Miri."

-----

Ririka narrated to you her story. She told you how she felt left out since you came, how she wished you would notice her and play with her too. She told you her point of view until the time the car hit you and Kirari putting the mask on her, then started controlling her life.

"I see." you said.

"I really only want to be friends with you. I don't like the feeling of loneliness. Kirari has forgotten about me and only plays with you. She only smiled so much when you're around. So I want to feel that same feeling. I wanted you to give me that same happiness you're giving to Kirari." Ririka said.

"Based on what I understand, the two of you have a big misunderstanding you have to fix and it is long overdue. It is not me you want to get, right? You wanted Kirari to notice you again, you want her to protect you like before I came."

"That's not-"

"I'm not done yet. You want her to love only you so you thought of me as a hindrance. But because Kirari liked me, you made her feelings yours too. That's when you started thinking you we're Kirari. Am I wrong?"

"I.. I don't know. I don't even know myself anymore. I don't know what I should do, I can only be the evil sister Kirari thinks me to be."

"That's not true. You're Ririka Momobami.. and right now, I can see you. You're not going to be alone anymore. If you want to be friends with me, all you have to do is have the courage and ask me."

Ririka looked down. Her tears started to fall down her cheeks.

"So what do you want to be, Ririka?" you asked her.

She looked up at you.

"I want to be... I want to be me. I want to have friends like you and Mary."

"Then let's be friends from now on." you smiled at her and offered your hands.

She didn't take it. Instead, she lunged herself at you and hugged you.

"I'm sorry for trying to do those things to you." she said.

"Oh right. I want to apologize too."

"For what?" she asked.

"I only dated you because of Mary." you scratched the back of your head.

"I know pretty much that. I asked for her help."

"Yeah but.... I wouldn't do it if...." You looked at her and saw her puffy eyes. "Uhm. Nevermind."

"I drugged you and tried to marry you to an old man. Mary hates you right now because she thinks you tried to rape me but I only tricked you to do that. I liked Mary and don't want you to take her from me." she spoke fast.