Obsessions Part 57

"What are these?"

Karin and Yui stood in front of several monitors lined up on the wall. Each showed a different view.

"These are security footage of the whole area," Yui answered. "See, that's the entrance."

Yui pointed at one of the monitors. It showed the lawn in the front.

"Wait." Karin walked over to one side and squinted her eyes. "Is this..."

"The room we slept onto? Yes, it is. Every room has been installed with CCTV."

"That's not very safe. Its invasion of privacy."

"Invasion? Like, who will invade who's privacy? This is Y/n's family estate. They are the only one who's supposed to know about this room. Unless they thought of watching whoever Y/n would take home."

Yui laughed at her idea. Karin cocked her eyebrow at her in disbelief.

"I would not do that to my kids," Karin said.

"Are you sure? You're not the least bit curious?" Yui asked as she pushed some buttons on the control panel.

"Of course not. It's their privacy. They are not little kids anymore. They know what they do."

"Hmm. This one is Y/n's room which she shared with Kirari." Yui pointed out. "And this is where Ririka and Mary slept. We could replay last night's events."

"I'm curious. But no thank you. I respect their decisions. If they decide to do whatever they want, I have no objections. As long as they're happy."

"You..." Yui stared at Karin intently. "You do not have an ounce of resemblance from the clan."

"Of course. I'm not part of the family. Well, I am, but I'm practically an outsider if I hadn't married Rod. Is it bad?"

"No, it's very refreshing." Yui smiled at her. "We have always been watched. Every move we make, the elders are eyeing us. One mistake, and they'd call you a disgrace. If you show even a little hint of weakness, they would look down on you. They will treat you like trash unless you prove your worth."

"I have also experienced that. They did much worse to me since I'm not blood-related. But I heard your family was banished."

"Yes. I gambled everything I had and lost. You do remember that, don't you? Since you were the one who caused it."

"I want you to know that I was only looking out for my own family."

"Is that so. Then, you must have heard of Y/n back then, don't you?"

"I was overseas when you brought her. I heard that the Jabami had found someone who was on par with Kirari."

"That's what they told you? Y/n doesn't even have any gambling skills."

"Even so, she defeated Kirari."

"It's not that she fought Kirari. But she adored your daughter so much, she knew who is who between the twin with one glance. I remember Yumeko being very jealous because Y/n talked about Kirari nonstop."

"I see... I was lied to. Rod told me you were plotting on taking Kirari's position using that child. I told him to dispose of Y/n."

"The supposed accident. I knew Rod was behind that. Yumeko saw his car. She recognized it. That's when I challenged him to a gamble. I told him to leave Y/n alone if I win."

"And to leave the clan if you lost." Karin finished. "Rod... He is such a nasty man. He said you wanted to gamble to make him acknowledge Y/n's victory over Kirari. So I hurriedly went home to face you."

"That's right. In the end, I had to fake Y/n's death and my illness to make him stop."

Karin clenched her knuckles. She bit her lip and her brows were furrowed. Yui walked up to her and embraced her.

"I destroyed so many people's lives because of all his lies. I only wanted to protect my children." Karin let out.

"It's alright. It's all in the past now. Yumeko and I have forgiven you. I'm sure Y/n doesn't hold a grudge against you too."

"But still... I had tainted my hands with this clan's evil. I know what I have done in the past. But this time, I'll do everything in my power to fix this corrupted family."

"I'm here with you. I'll help you."

Karin's hands snaked on Yui's waist to return the hug.

"I appreciate it. Hm?"

Karin's eyes fixated on one of the monitors. She squinted her eyes to make sure she isn't just seeing things.

"What is it?" Yui asked.

"Is there supposed to be other vehicles traveling in this path?"

Yui went back in front of the monitors and saw the one Karin was pointing to. She was right, several cars are going in the direction of the mansion.

"No. This is supposed to be private property. No one else is allowed to go inside." Yui said.

"That car, it's Rod. How did he... Damn! Did Sakura tell Aoi our location!?"

"Who? Your secretary?"

"Yes. And Aoi is his assistant. Rod was the one who employed those two. I thought I finally had Sakura's loyalty."

"What do we do?" Yui asked.

"Hide. Call the children. Lock every path possible that leads here."

"Alright."

Yui pushed a button and spoke on a microphone.

"Yumeko. Can you hear me? Proceed to the control room. Take everyone with you. Leave whatever you're doing and come here this instant. This is an emergency."

Yui scanned the monitors. She saw Yumeko on one who was staring at the camera. The girl smiled and saluted.

"She's way too lax," Karin commented.

"She has always been like that. It's like she isn't afraid of anything."

Yumeko appeared on another screen, she was walking so slowly like she's taking a walk in a park. Yui facepalmed while watching her sister.

"Are you sure she'll be fine?" Karin asked worriedly.

"Yes."

After a few minutes of keeping an eye on Yumeko to fetch everyone, they finally arrived. Karin hugged her twins protectively. Yui scolded Yumeko who doesn't even seem to listen to her. You and Mary only looked at each other and shrugged.

----

Hehehehehehe... Double update since I have free time. I hope you like this 😁