Obsessions Part 74

A meeting in the council room had just finished. You, Sayaka, and Tsumugi stayed behind.

"Mugi. What's your address?" You asked out of the blue.

"Why do you wanna know? That's creepy, Y/n."

"Respect, Hanatemari. Respect the President."

The girl only stuck her tongue out at Sayaka while you laughed at them.

"I'm going to pick you up this weekend. Kirari asked something of me that I had to do and I need you there." You explained.

"What is it?"

You gave her a cheeky smile and told her that she would have to wait.

----

That weekend, you picked Tsumugi up with Mary. You sat in between them in the car.

"Where are we going?" Tsumugi asked.

"You'll see soon. Mary, is this the right address?"

"Yes, it is."

You gave the address to your driver and the three of you drove off in silence until you reached your destination.

"Which house is this?" Tsumugi asked.

She was met with silence. You rang the doorbell and waited until someone opened the door.

"Oh. Madam is already waiting for you inside." The maid spoke.

"Tsumugi. Go on ahead. I forgot something in the car, I'll be there in a minute."

You nudged the girl inside then dragged Mary with you.

"Don't you want to meet her?" Mary asked when you were outside the gates.

"Maybe later. Let them have their moment first." You said.

As you leaned your back on the fence, you heard a loud wailing from inside the house. A smile tugged on your lips as you listen to Tsumugi's crying. Mary watched you with adoration in her eyes.

"I might melt if you stare at me like that, Mary."

"Hmph."

"How are you and Ririka's relationship by the way?"

"We're only friends."

"Is that so? Ririka is so fond of you though."

"Can we not talk about her?"

"Fine. Then answer me this. Who is this Tsuzura to you?"

"A childhood friend. That's all she is."

"Are you sure you aren't feeling anything more than friendship with her?"

Mary paused. Her eyes mellowed for a moment, then scowled at you.

"She was a good friend. That's all." She said then faced her back at you.

"If you say so. Then, shall we get going? Inside I mean. I want to see her now."

Mary nodded. You entered the house with her. The first thing you saw when you stepped inside was Tsumugi, refusing to let go of a woman. She was clinging onto the latter's stomach.

'She must be Mugi's sister' you thought.

Purple orbs darted in your direction. The woman smiled at you.

"Ah. Yumeko-sized." You whispered.

"What-"

"Eh?"

"I mean. Good day to you, miss." You bowed at the woman. "I'm Y/n. You must have been informed of our coming, right?

"Good day to you too. Yes, a maid had called earlier. Forgive me for not being able to be of service to you better." She said as she glanced at the crying kid.

"It's fine. We won't be here for long anyway. I was only sent to relay a message."

"Please do have a sit though."

"Thank you."

You and Mary sat side by side.

"I'm glad to finally meet Mary's special someone," Tsuzura said.

"Tsuzura! Zip it!" Mary exclaimed.

"What?" Tsumugi spoke while wiping her eyes and nose. "Y/n you're a player."

"Mugi!" Tsuzura scolded her sister.

"It's true! Sayaka liked her too. I saw them on a date last time!"

"Y/n. Let's get on to business. What is it Kirari wanted?" Mary said, trying to change the subject.

"Ah. Right." You coughed. "Recently, Kirari had been in the highest position in the clan. She decides almost everything related to the family. As you have been 'sold' through the life plan given to you, she had agreed to pay back more than the money that was used to buy you off. Meaning, from now on, you are free."

"You heard that sis!? You can go home now!"

"But Mugi... I cant" Tsuzura said.

"Why not!?"

"Because I have decided to stay."

"Why!?"

"In my time here, I have learned to love the man who supposedly bought me. He took care of me, respected me, and even treated me like a family. I promise I would come to visit you, now that I know there won't be any threat to you and everyone else."

Tsumugi's purple fringe covered her eyes. She stood up abruptly then ran away.

"Mugi!" You called out.

"I'm sorry for all the trouble my little sister might have caused you. She had always been a bit of a rebel. Please do not worry about her though. I'll speak to her."

Tsuzura followed after her sister.

"Do you think they will be fine?"

"I guess." Mary shrugged. "We should leave them be."

"Are you sure?"

"They're sisters Y/n. And it's a family issue. Don't get caught up in it."

Mary stepped outside and you followed. The sisters were arguing. You wanted to step in and help them sort out their mess.

"Mary-"

"Shush. We're leaving."

"But-"

"Y/n. You wouldn't want another girl falling in love with you. Tsuzura is kind of soft. She would easily find you attractive if you keep on doting on her. Let's go."

"Oh. Okay?"

The two of you walked past the other pair. Mary gave a glance at her childhood friend which the latter responded to with a nod. As you reached the car, a hand grabbed onto you.

"Mary?"

"You have time today right?" She asked.

"Hmm. Yeah. I don't have anything important to do today other than this. Kirari is busy again."

"Then... Can we go to my place? I have something to show you."

"You mean, your house?"

"Yes, what else?"

"Well..." You scratched the back of your head, unsure of what to reply. "Sure? I guess it won't be a problem."

"Good. Let's get going, then."

She shoved you inside the car hastily. After giving her address, the vehicle drove off.

😑😑😑😑