Obsessions Part 16

A little Kirari was playing in a field of flowers.

"Kirari. Here."

Another kid came to her and put a flower on her ear.

"You look pretty."

"Thank you."  Kirari answered.

"No problem."

"Will you always be here with me?"

"Of course. I will never leave you. Even if the world hates you, I will still choose to stay with you."

Kirari smiled at the kid.

------

"Now, the question. Which one of us... is me?" The twins asked in unison. "If you get it right, you can be head of the family. But get it wrong and you will be banished."

The other kids didn't want to try and guess. Until two other kids entered the room.

"Ah. Why don't we let the Jabamis guess?" one kid said.

"Right." The other kids agreed.

"Guess what?" Yumeko asked.

"Who is Kirari between those two"

"Oh. I'll pass." Yumeko answered.

"See. That is too hard even for Yumeko." another kid spoke.

"But that is very easy." The kid who was with Yumeko said. "Kirari. I will know you however far you are. I will always know."

The kid pointed at one of the twins. The others were dead silent. It was very deafening. Then Kirari smiled widely. She stood up and ran to the kid to hug her.

"I'm so happy." she said.

------

"You're so good at gambling Kirari. You're so amazing. It's so hard for me to understand so many rules."

"Stay close to me and I'll teach you everything." The little Kirari said.

"I'll try."

"You can't just try. Everyone will devour you if you don't know anything." she scolded.

"But you'll protect me right?"

"Of course I will." Kirari sighed. "Here. Take this. Practice what I'm going to teach you okay. You have to practice this everyday until you perfect it. You don't have to remember lots of rules. You just have to feel it."

"A coin?"

------

"Kirari, you idiot!! You should've just let your sister pretend to be you. The Jabamis should've been banished if you lied." Kirari's father shouted.

"But I was so happy she recognized me."

"That's not the point! You gambled the position of being head of the family! The other kids saw everything. How can we escape this now!?"

"But... I don't want to be the head."

Her father slapped her.

------

"Papa where are we going?"

The man didn't answer. He was driving his car with Kirari on the passenger's seat.

"Papa that's-" Kirari pointed at her friend playing outside. She was beaming with happiness.

But then her happiness changed to a nightmare. The car went straight for the child. Red painted Kirari's vision. She was shaking in fear.