Obsessions Part 85

"Hold it tighter. Keep it steady you dolt! I can't put it in properly." Tsumugi shouted.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I'm doing my best here." Ryota apologized.

"That's your best? You can barely keep it straight. Are you really that weak!?"

"I'm sorry."

"Tsk. If I fall off this ladder I'm gonna kill you."

Ryota looked nervous while holding onto the stepladder they borrowed. Tsumugi was on top, fiddling with the ceiling.

"Now give me the box." She commanded.

"What's in this anyway?"

"I have no idea. Mary told me to put them all over school. Damn that transfer student. She's too strong for me."

Tsumugi gritted her teeth when she remembered how she lost the gamble with Rei. Her hands gripping onto Ryota's who were only handing the box over to her. The boy can't do anything but whimper in pain. If he tried to complain, the kid would probably punch him. T.T

"Hey! Susuki!"

"It's Suzui..." Ryota whispered.

"Don't tell anybody about this or I'll kill you! Especially Y/n! She shouldn't know any of this!"

"Any of what?"

Tsumugi almost fell off the ladder in surprise. She stared at you and laughed nervously.

"Y/n? Haha... What are you doing here?" she asked.

"This is my office?"

"Oh.... It is?"

She looked around and confirmed that it was indeed the president's office.

"Haha .. Oh wait. I have a message." Mugi took out her phone pretending to read. "Let me just write a reply."

She typed furiously and sent a message to Sayaka.

'Y/n here! Pres offie! Come Fast'

"Are you done?" You asked.

"Uhm. Yeah?"

"What are these boxes?"

You walked towards a cart full of locked boxes. But before you can reach it, Mugi jumped off the ladder and went in between. You cocked an eyebrow at her. Behind, Ryota only facepalmed.

"Everyone's acting so weird. What's going on here?" you asked.

"Nothing!"

"Mugi. Tell me the truth."

"Well... Uhm... Right! These are Christmas presents!"

"Christmas was over a long time ago, Mugi."

"Oh... It is?"

You glared at Mugi who can't look you straight in the eyes. A few moments of silence have passed until your patience ran out. You gently pushed her out of the way when the door opened and Sayaka trudged to you. She grabbed your hand to turn you around.

"President."

Her confidence dropped for a second when you looked at her. Your angry expression surprised her but she quickly fixed her composure.

"President. You still have more papers to sign at the council room. You have to finish them soon." she said.

"Sayaka what are these? All of you have been acting so weird recently. Is nobody gonna tell me what's going on? Are you guys plotting something against me?"

"No! I'd never!" Sayaka exclaimed. "Please don't doubt my loyalty to you like that, President."

"Then don't make me! Tell me what's going on!"

Sayaka sighed.

"Fine. We were preparing a surprise for the coming graduation. Everything was planned by President Kirari. You were not allowed to know what it is. That's why were hiding it from you."

Your expression gradually softened in hearing her explanation.

"Really?"

"Yes. So don't doubt us anymore."

"Alright. I'm sorry for questioning you."

"It's alright, President."

Sayaka and you left the office. You still have a tiny speck of uneasiness but you tried to not show it.

"You're so obvious." Ryota said to Mugi."

"Shut up! I'll kill you!"

------

A

t the council room, Sayaka put the papers that needed your signature on your table. She then sat next to you.

"Sayaka?"

"Yes, President?"

"Do you know Rei?"

"Rei? Yes, I do. But we've never talked again after that day she transferred here."

Your brows furrowed at hearing that. There's definitely more that they're hiding.

'How can I trust them if their words betrays their actions? It was definitely Sayaka that I saw. She was talking to Rei that day. Why would she hide it from me?'

You glanced at her. She was already busy sorting out the remaining paperworks.

'Who else is in it? There's Sayaka, Mugi and Ryota. Is Mary in it too? Yumeko? If it's about bringing me down, then Itsuki might be a part of it too. How about the rest of the council? Or maybe the whole student body. They would hate me. They have a reason to hate me. That gambling match with the village... yes, that's it. They hate me because of what I did that time, right?"

"Pres...."

Sayaka's voice cut you off your thoughts.

"Are you okay?" she asked.

"Huh? Yes."

She threw a worried look at you. Your elbows were propped onto the table, your hands covering your head and you have a scared expression.

"You're trembling."

Sayaka grabbed your hand and held onto it, making you feel a little relaxed.

"Sorry." you sighed. "What if everyone's suddenly gone? I'm only in this position right now because I had all of you. I was confident because I had everyone's support. What if.... what if I'm fighting all by myself? Can I survive?"

"Everything will be okay, President. I know you can handle anything. With or without us, you're already strong."

'Without everyone? Can I really fight alone?'

"Are you worried about the match with Rei?"

"Huh? A little, I guess?"

"If you think you can't defeat her alone, how will you face President Kirari. "You can't always have us by your side. Not all of us are gonna marry her, you know. You have to learn to fight for her on your own."

'Yea. I'm feeling all alone now, actually. I don't know who to run to anymore.' you thought.

You felt Sayaka squeeze your hand. You gave her a reassuring smile when you noticed her stern expression.

Inside Sayaka's head.......

'Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh. I'm holding President's hand. I've got so much opportunity today to hold her. Calm down, Sayaka. Breathe. You're doing this to show your support not for your own desires. Calm down.. calm down...'

------

hrurgehwowjshsieowwnbsjdowo

rushed. so sorry if they don't make sense fhrvrebjssijeiwjs