Obsessions Part 60

You stood outside and took a deep breath. Yumeko opened the way for you. You waited until the blockage was fully lifted before walking forward.

"This is it." You muttered.

-----

Mary roamed the control room while biting her thumb. A drop of sweat ran down from her creased brow. She glanced occasionally at the monitors then continued walking.

"Dumb. Idiot. Stupid." Mary mumbled repeatedly.

Yumeko's dark eyes didn't leave the screen once. She intently watched your actions with bated breath, same as her sister who sat beside her.

-----

Karin and Rod stared each other off, with the guns pointing at each other's faces.

"I beg you. Don't shoot. Ill come with you." Kirari cried out. "I'll give up the position to you. I'll... I'll do whatever you wanted me to. Please don't shoot Mama... Please!"

Ririka supported her crying sister. She held onto Kirari who was now trembling.

"Women are really weak. You have no courage to kill me, right? You're trembling in fear, Karin. You look pathetic." Rod mocked.

Karin gulped. Her fingers twitched on the trigger. Her limbs were shuddering too.

"Shoot him, Mama!" Ririka shouted, earning her a glare from her father.

Behind Ririka, Rod caught sight of a silhouette. His eyes widened for a moment before he laughed maniacally.

"You finally showed yourself." He said.

Everyone's attention went to where Rod was looking. There you stood with a menacing look directed at the man. He took this chance to grab Karin by the neck. The gun she was holding dropped.

"What's your big speech then? Are you here to talk me out of this? That's what people who act like the main character usually do." He said while pointing the gun at his wife.

"Unfortunately, I failed to prepare my dialogue. We will just have to result to brute force this time." You said.

"Force? You? Don't make me laugh! Just because you survived one 'car accident' doesn't mean you're that tough."

"We'll see about that."

"What a clown." Rod snickered.

"Let her go." You nodded at Karin. "Let's fight, man to... Erm... Woman?"

"You think I'm that stupid? I'm not risking anything. I'm taking all of you by using this dumb bitch as hostage. Now move out that door so we can go."

You gulped, taking a step forward. Rod pointed his gun at you. You took another step. Kirari's hand clasped your arm, stopping you. You gave her a reassuring smile before gently removing her hold.

"One more step and you're dead."

You ignored Rod's remarks and stepped closer. You clenched your fist when you heard the gunshot he released.

"No!"

That was Kirari. You heard the fear in her voice which suddenly became a slur. You only focused forward. Your breathing slowed, everything around you feels like a blur. Your eyes gazed at the bullet gradually coming towards you.

Yes, you can see it. He aimed at your heart. Its movements were very sluggish but it doesn't mean you were moving rapidly either.

Your fist deliberately opened as you stepped sideways. Then flicked a coin as hard as you can towards Rod. The bullet reached you and everything went back to normal.

"(Y/n)!" Kirari shouted.

You kneeled on the ground while holding onto your bleeding shoulder. You saw Rod being hit on the forehead by the coin. He was surprised, his grip on Karin loosened allowing the woman to flee. Ririka grabbed onto her. Slowly, your body gave in and you fell to the ground.

"Papa! Stop it! Please... Not Y/n! Take everything from me but not her!" Kirari cried hysterically.

"You, rat!" Rod didn't hear anything else.

He was too maddened to take notice of the gun Karin dropped. You quickly took it and aimed at him. You shot him. The bullet miraculously hit his hand, making him lose the gun.

"Ahhh!!" Rod screamed in pain while clutching his bleeding hand. "Damn you!!! You keep on being a thorn on my side! You and your dead parents! Why don't you just join them!!"

"Sorry. Not until you're a threat to my future wife." You said weakly.

You released another shot. It missed. Then another and another until you run out of bullets.

You were only able to hit him in the thigh. He gritted his teeth and slowly limped towards you. He dropped to his knees next to you and raised his uninjured arm to punch you.

"That's... Enough!!" Kirari exclaimed.

She grabbed the nearest object beside her and ran to his father. She hit him on the back of his head.

"Urk." Rod yelped before dropping unconscious.

"Don't hurt my family anymore! Don't take Y/n away from me! Die! Die! Die!"

Kirari kept on hitting him. Her anger rushed out of her. Her sister and mother stopped her.

"Let go! I'm going to kill that man!"

"Kirari!" Ririka shouted. "I'm not letting you become a murderer!"

"You're sister's right. As much as I want him gone, this isn't the right way to end him."

Yumeko came out and ran towards you. She immediately put pressure on your wound and examined your condition.

"Could we at least take her to a hospital before we do all this drama?" Mary spoke. She stood behind everyone with Yui. Her eyebrows raised at them.

"I'm fine. It only grazed me." You said. "Kirari, are you okay?"

"Yes."

"Good." You smiled at her and closed your eyes.

"Y/n!!"

"I'm alive, Kirari."

"Don't scare me like that!"

"Sorry." You chuckled.

Mary kneeled beside you. She hit you lightly on the head.

"That was risky. Don't make me worry like that." She said.

"Yes, yes."

"I hate you, Y/n. This isn't the plan you told me about." Yumeko pouted.

"You won't let me go if I told you." You explained.

"I hate you too, Mary. Why did you let her go."

"Because I know she could pull it off. But still... I almost died from distressing over it." The blonde answered.

A hand went down to grab Rod's gun. Then a chuckle was heard.

"This is such a fascinating scene. Too bad, it has to end in sadness after all." A man's voice spoke.

"Aoi..."

You saw him point the gun at you and pulled the trigger. Something blocked your view of him then you felt drops of liquid on your skin. Your mouth twitched. The red fluid mixed with your tears trickled down your face. You heard yourself emit a sob.

"Why..." You whimpered.

----

Uhm... What? 😗😗😗

Tell me if something's not right lmao...