Obsessions Part 18

"Did (Y/n) really do that? But... The uniform she was wearing, it was the same as the President's. What if Vice President wore that then exchanged uniforms with (Y/n)? Was it just my imagination? I don't know if I should say something again." Sayaka sighed. "Wait. What if she slept at the president's house and used her spare uniform? That's not possible right? No way, no way. They can't!"

Sayaka's been talking to herself while walking to Kirari's office. She reached for the doorknob but the door suddenly opened. You and Sayaka locked eyes. Her eyes widened, cheeks reddened, and out of reflex, she covered her mouth. You cocked your eyebrow at her.

"What's up with you? It's not like I'm just gonna up and kiss you, you know." you said. "I don't just kiss anybody."

Sayaka wanted to slap you but she stepped back and composed herself.

"Ehem. Please step out. I need to see the President."

"Alright, alright." You stepped aside and walked away.

Sayaka clenched her fists. She bit her lip. She can't take it anymore. She had to say something at least.

"How... how can you still see the President like this!?"

You stopped in your tracks.

"How can you face her after doing that! You know the President likes you but you still did... those things.. with Saotome."

You looked back at her. "What things?"

"You know what I mean! The President knew. She saw you.. so why... why does she still care about you? Then you and the vice president too. And we..... You keep on torturing her. You are the worst!"

"Sayaka, stop that." Kirari went out. She touched Sayaka's shoulder. "Let's go inside. We have a lot of work to do."

Sayaka went inside. Kirari looked at you and smiled.

"I'm sorry Kirari." you said.

"Don't be. I had it coming. I deserve it." then she followed Sayaka and closed the door.

"No, you don't. Sayaka's right. I'm the worst."

-----

"Sayaka. You don't know anything about (Y/n) so refrain from talking to her like that again." Kirari scolded.

"Ughhh. Yes. Forgive me."

"What is it you need to tell me?"

"President. I.... last time, it was the same uniform as yours right? The one (Y/n) was wearing when we took her from the vice president's office. Did you not notice it? It's been bugging me. What does that mean?"

"It means nothing, Sayaka. Don't dwell too much into it."

"But..."

"Sayaka."

One look and Sayaka was silenced. The eyes she saw before her were warning her.

"I understand."

No. I don't. I don't understand anything. I don't understand any of you. What goes on in each of your minds?

-----

"I'm sorry. I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to hit you. I lost control of the car. I'll take care of your child. I swear. I'm really sorry." A woman with long black hair sat on the bed. She wore a hospital gown and her hair was tied in a messy ponytail.

Yumeko entered the room. She sat on a chair next to the bed.

"How are you?" she asked.

The woman didn't look at her but she stopped talking.