Obsessions Part 64

A lot of students gathered for this very memorable and special event. For some students, this is the beginning of their new life... for some... It is a sad goodbye. For you though, marks the day you will solely rule over the academy.

"It is alright," Kirari spoke softly.

"I should be the one comforting you. You were the one graduating, not me."

"I am happy though. So there is no reason for you to comfort me."

"I don't want you to leave."

"I don't want to, either. I'll miss ruling this school."

"You won't miss me?"

"No."

You frowned at her answer.

"I will not let you miss me either. We will do all the 'comforting each other' stuff every night." She smirked at you.

"Were in public." You whispered. You're face reddened.

"You think I give care? All I could see is you." She said.

"You always make me feel so special."

"Because you are."

"Anyway, what are your plans after this?"

"I'm going to a university of course. I don't want to inherit the family business just yet. I don't want to work."

"That's so you, Kirari."

She chuckled. Ririka approached the two of you. Mary walked beside her. The blonde blushed when she saw you.

"You look good, Y/n," Ririka commented.

"Thank you."

You glanced at Mary who's eyes were still stuck on you.

"Mary?"

"Ah. Yeah? You don't look so bad." She said and looked away.

Ririka doesn't seem to mind Mary's behavior towards you but once she sighted Yumeko or Sachiko, she suddenly becomes protective. Like right now.

"Mary!" Yumeko called out giddily.

She opened her arms to hug Mary but was stopped by Ririka. She stepped between the two and flicked Yumeko's forehead.

"Don't run. It's bouncing." Kirari told the raven-haired girl.

"You're just jealous." Yumeko stuck her tongue out at her then beamed at you. "You like them, right Y/n?"

"Huh? Don't drag me into this." You said.

You felt the heavy glare Kirari was sending you. You gulped and tried to avoid Yumeko's hug by hiding behind your lover.

"This is so unfair," Yumeko said.

"Then find a girlfriend," Yui spoke. She arrived with Karin.

"No thanks. If it's not Y/n, then I'd rather gamble. Also, I'm leaving. The air here is stifling with all these couple aura surrounding me."

Yumeko walked away.

Moments later, the ceremony commenced. A few speeches from the principal and teachers, then the giving of their certificates. Then Kirari giving her farewell speech. You awed at how perfectly she delivered it.

"How can I be so lucky? To be loved by someone like this. I'm a nobody while she is someone close to being a goddess." You whispered.

"What are you saying?" Mary spoke. She frowned at you. "You're not a nobody. You're Y/n. You're mostly dumb but you have your moments. And have you looked in the mirror? You look stunning."

"Huh?"

"Don't make me repeat myself you, idiot. Didn't you notice the stares the other students are giving you? Look around."

You did. You scanned the area and sure enough, some students were gawking at you. Others even blushed or giggled when you met their eyes.

"You changed a lot."

"I did?"

"Yes. You used to be the laughing stock of the academy. A non gambler in a gambling school. Now look at you, you're the president who defeated the whole school in one gambling match. You even saved the lives of some people. You're the one who snatched the affection of that girl up there who was known to be a narcissist and rejected everyone."

You glanced at the stage. Kirari's eyes gleamed when they locked with yours. Her smile shone brighter too.

"You were one of the people who took down the burden in their family. You shot him when no one else can. You were very brave."

"Mary. You're exaggerating. I'm not that kind of person."

"No, I'm not. That's how I see you. You're a savior. You're someone I wanted to be. You changed a lot in this school without you knowing. If you look carefully, you'll notice that the bullying had lessened considerably. The students started to care about their academic standings. The air in the school had become less oppressing without sacrificing the competitiveness of the students."

"Mary. Are you crying?"

"Idiot. I'm happy. Y/n. Please let me continue in supporting you on the sidelines. I don't need to be a president anymore. I trust in you."

"Mary. I would love it if you're with me. I need all the help I can get to completely make this academy better."

"You can count on me, then."

"Thank you."

"Ririka also wanted to thank you," Mary said.

"For what?"

"For forgiving her and noticing her. She told me it was you who gave her the courage to speak to Kirari about how she really felt."

"I didn't..."

"Idiot. Shut up. Just take the compliments, you won't hear them again."

You nodded. The two of you stayed in comfortable silence. You watched as the ceremony ended. Kirari ran to you immediately.

"Kirari. Why are you running!?" You yelped when she lunged at you.

"Because I want to be with you as soon as I could." She answered.

"You're like a kid."

"You're not gonna say that when I pounce on you tonight."

"Stop talking like that!" You scolded.

"I can't help it. You're addicting."

Her lips crashed onto you. The students who were gaping at you were shocked. Kirari smirked as she pulled away.

"Now they know you're mine." She said. "I don't like it when they give you the eye."

"Then you shouldn't have made Sayaka fix my appearance."

"But that's part of the plan, look your best, gather more attention, and then I let them know you're taken."

"Why are you so cute." You said.

You leaned towards her. She met your lips and the two of you shared a passionate kiss. You didn't care who would see anymore. All that matters is the girl in front of you.

----

The end?