Obsessions Part 27

Sayaka sighed for the nth time today. You sat facing her, with an empty chair in between the two of you.

"What's wrong Sayaka? You've been sighing the whole time we're here." you asked.

She blushed. But since you're a bit far, she looked okay.

"It's so tiring. Nobody's taking their jobs seriously. I had to take over everything. They're all playing around." she said. "Jabami and the Pres won't stop gambling with each other over ridiculous stuff like who gets to seat next to you or who would feed you. Saotome rarely comes here unless you called for her. Vice pres is also missing when Saotome's not around. Midari and Runa, you know already. Ryota's the only one making an effort but...."

She pointed at Suzui. The boy was running around the council room holding papers. He's trying to sort things out but can't seem get them right.

"I don't know what to do anymore." Sayaka sighed again.

"You should take a break." you told her.

"That's the one thing I can't do. If I slack off even a little, everything will be out of control."

"I'm also a President but you always don't listen to me. Don't you find me worthy of my position?"

"That's.... that's not it."

The door suddenly opened and Mary came in followed by Ririka.

"What have you two been doing? I rarely see you in here." you scolded.

"It's not like there's something to do in here. Plus, we're getting so many complaints on my side." Mary said.

"Complaints about what?" you asked.

"About the academic rankings. Most of the objections came from our class." she said then laid out a paper on the desk.

Everybody stopped what they were doing and peeked at the paper.

"Oh, so that's why." Runa said.

"What seems to be the problem?" Kirari asked from her seat. She's too lazy to stand.

"This is the top 10 of our class. And look who's in there." Mary said.

"It's...." Ririka read. "(Y/n), Mary, Yumeko and Suzui. The students from their class are protesting that they have lower chances of getting the allowance because of them."

"What? Do they expect us to flunk our grades for them?" you asked.

"No. But what we can do is exclude the student council from getting the allowance. Instead, we adjust and give it to the top 11 and so forth." Kirari said.

"I have no problem with it." Yumeko said.

"Of course you don't. You're filthy rich. But what about us?" Mary asked.

"You're part of the council. You'll earn lots." Midari walked away and continued cleaning her gun.

"We're not exploiting the money of the students." you said.

"Hahaha. What about those taxes? Isn't that exploitation?" Midari laughed.

"Kirari." you pouted.

"Don't mind her (Y/n). Those are donations and are just part of the system. The students need to strive to excel in life and what better way to do that than add a little bit of challenge? Just think of it as a necessary evil."

"Nyahahaha." you heard Runa laugh.

"Look (Y/n). We never had a single complaint from an ordinary student before since I became the president. They were all afraid of my power. I had them on the neck. Now you've been bombarded by it." Kirari told you.

"Are you saying I'm not fit to be standing beside you? Is this what it's about? So you think I'm so weak that the students don't respect me, huh. Right. Even your own secretary don't think I'm worthy."

Sayaka was surprised. She clenched her chest and frowned.

"No (Y/n). That's not what i meant. But the foundation of this school is all about gambling and power." Kirari explained. "The focus of this academy is to have graduates that are well versed in tactics, reading an opponent, and the strength to grasp victory which are abilities they have to prove and obtain through gambling. Studies and extracurricular stuff doesn't matter."

"Then what I'm doing here... no, what we're doing here doesn't matter to you? You only think of us as burden don't you? We're destroying the castle you've built because I'm trying to change your damn twisted ruling."

"(Y/n). I'm doing my best to come to terms with what you wanted. I'm risking not only me but the whole reputation of the school."

"Reputation? Of being the most crappy academy ever? You're doing all this only for your own amusement. I don't see any other reason."

"(Y/n). Enough." Kirari said.

"Yes Kirari. Enough." you glared at her.

"(Y/n) let's go out first." Yumeko went to you. "You need to cool down."

"No. We have the right to be here too. We're part of this council. We're not just Kirari's pawns."

"You were never a pawn to me." Kirari said. "(Y/n), you said you'd still be with me even if the world would hate me."

"I don't remember saying that, okay!? Don't be so hanged up from the past!" you shouted.

Kirari became silent. She only closed her eyes. You too were surprised by your own words.

"Kirari, I-"

"It's alright." she then looked at you with a smile.

"I'm sorry." you said and left.

Mary, Suzui and Yumeko followed you. Everybody else was silent. Ririka looked at her twin. She walked towards her and gave her a hug.

"Thank you, Ririka." Kirari said.

"This is the least I can do." Ririka said.

"That escalated quickly." Runa whispered.

"Yeah." Midari whispered back.

"This council will crumble sooner or later."

"Beliefs are already clashing."

"Nyahaha. Wonder what the pres would do."

"Let's wait and watch."

They both looked at Kirari who was deep in thought.

------

my ideas are scattered... still need to paste them together.. so many draft.. no whole story... ( ・ั﹏・ั)

who shows up first? this character or that character? ┐( ̄ヘ ̄)┌
mehehe.. peek-a-boo...

hmmmmm......(*・~・*)

(~‾▿‾)~ 〜(꒪꒳꒪)〜 ƪ(‾.‾“)┐ ヘ( ̄ω ̄ヘ)