Obsessions Part 44

"We're here ma'am."

A car stopped in front of an all too familiar building. Two figures stepped out of it, both looked up towards Hyakkaou Academy.

"It's so quiet." you said.

"Of course. It's the weekends." Yumeko said with a smile "Silly, y/n"

"Jeez. I know. It's just, what are we doing here?"

"We're meeting someone."

"Who?"

"You're asking too many questions, y/n." she looked back at you and held your hands on both of hers. "Let's go inside. A gamble is waiting for me."

"A... gamble?"

Yumeko didn't speak another word. Instead, she looked at you with that crazed smile of hers. Her eyes becoming redder and redder. You can see the excitement in her face.

"F-fine. Let's go in." you said.

-----

"How's Kirari?"

Mrs. Momobami sat on her office chair, with a blue haired girl standing in front of her

"She left as soon as I handed her the location. As of now, they have the older Jabami on their hands."

"I see. You've been such a trustworthy secretary, Sakura Miharutaki."

The blue haired girl's cheeks became red from the compliment.

"T-thank you. Mrs. Momobami. I swear I would work harder. Ah! and about the incident years ago....Here" she put some papers on the desk.

"Are you certain about this information?"

"Yes. The Jabamis have hidden it well but I managed to find a lead. They had many connections, and they probably used that name and the child with them to be able to do this."

"Mhm."

Mrs. Momobami tapped her fingers on the table while staring intently on a newspaper article included in the papers Miharutaki handed her.

"Then, all of the assets have been transferred to the Jabamis. I don't know yet how or why they did it. I'll try to research some more."

"......"

"Mrs. Momobami?"

"......"

"Ma'am?"

"......"

"Ehem."

"They do look so much alike... Why didn't I see it sooner." Kirari's mother whispered. "I hope you can still forgive me for attempting to harm your child."

"Huh?"

"Don't mind me."

"If It won't be such a bother, may I ask why you're so intent on finding this woman?"

"...."

"Forgive me for asking."

"It's okay." Momobami smiled. "Let's just say she's.... someone very dear to me."

"I see."

"But I guess now I won't be able to see her again.. and it's all because of that Jabami. Sakura, take me to where Kirari is. We need to have a talk. I have a feeling she already knew this."

-----

"Saa, Let's start the gamble!" Yumeko said enthusiastically.

"Gamble? Who said anything about a gamble?" Kirari said. "We're only here to have an exchange."