Obsessions Part 59

"Why are you being such an ass, Yumeko," Mary exclaimed.

"I am not. I'm simply telling the truth."

"I know we all are rivals here but that was going too far."

"Why? She does the same to you. She belittles you every time she had the chance. Why does it seem so bad now that it's me who had spoken?"

"Well..."

"See. It's a fact. No one gets mad at her for doing things too far. Why? Because it's Kirari? What is it that she possess? Why does Y/n have to choose her? I can't accept it."

Yumeko's eyes teared. A scowl formed on her face and she bit her lip.

"I loved Y/n first. I only wanted her to have friends so I introduced her to the family." Yumeko said. "But then, Kirari monopolized her. And now look. That same man who almost killed Y/n is coming at us again. Why? Because of Kirari."

"Yumeko! Stop it!" Yui exclaimed.

"But, sis! I sacrificed so much for Y/n too. I set aside my feelings for her so I could see her happy! I was willing to let go of her if that meant she would live safely. Why does Kirari have to enter the picture again? She keeps on getting Y/n in trouble. I loathe her so much for that!"

An audible slap was sent to Yumeko by a furious Mary. Yumeko touched her cheeks and looked down.

"That's exactly why Kirari is better than you. Kirari was willing to fight for Y/n. She would go against her family to be with the person she loved. We know Kirari could have fled. She could have abandoned Y/n. But right now, she's out there, risking her life!"

"I don't care. I don't care about anybody else but Y/n." Yumeko answered.

"You are so stubborn."

"I would have been happy if Y/n chose you. I wouldn't mind. As long as she's far away from this disgusting family. I would hide the two of you from Kirari. I'd offer up myself for Y/n."

"Yumeko." You called.

You walked towards her. Your features dimmed. She shut her eyes and waited for you to yell at her too.

"Stop." You muttered.

You clenched her tightly. Yumeko began to sob in your arms. She was shuddering. She cried so hard, it crushed you.

"Please. Everyone. Quit putting me first. I don't know what you all saw in me but..."

"I love you, Y/n." You heard Yumeko's muffled voice.

She grabbed onto your shirt and yanked you closer as much as she could.

"Yumeko..."

"I don't want to be away from you again." She sobbed. "Y/n. Please don't leave me. I love you so much. Please don't go to Kirari. If you died for real this time, I would never forgive myself."

You pushed her off gently. You stared at her face. Her cheeks were red, she stared at you pleadingly. It was so different from the bubbly Yumeko that's always smiling at you.

"Yumeko. Get a hold of yourself. We can fix this. No one has to lose anything anymore. We can be together, as a family. No one's gonna die, okay?"

"Ugh. This is hurting my head," Mary commented.

"Mary. Will you stay here with Yumeko?" You asked.

"What? What are you planning?" The blonde girl inquired.

You walked next to Mary and mumbled in her ear. Her eyes widened.

"You're insane." She whispered.

"I'll trust you." You told her and went back to Yumeko.

"Don't leave." She spoke weakly.

"I have to. I need you to be okay, Yumeko. I need your help with this too."

"I'll do anything to keep you safe," Yumeko said.

"Then listen carefully..."

You told Yumeko what she had to do without revealing too much to her. She wouldn't agree to it if she knew. She listened intently at you.

-----

Meanwhile, Kirari confronted her father. She crossed her arms and smirked at him in an attempt to exhibit courage.

"Hello, Papa." She spoke.

Rod turned to face his daughter. He sneered and stepped towards her.

"Stop," Kirari said. "Stay there. You're not on your turf. I request you to turn back and leave."

"My lovely daughter. I cannot go just yet. You, my dear, are coming with me. And also, you have to tell me where your twin and mother are. We're all going home, okay? We're a family. Now come, get them and we can go back to normal."

"They're not here."

"Oh? From what I heard, all of you are here. Even that... What's her name again? Loser child of the dead?"

Rod laughed loudly. Kirari balled her fists, trying her best to be calm despite the anger she felt.

"I told you, they're not here. And nobody's coming with you. I'd rather die right here than go back. If you want the role of being the clan's head, go ahead and take it."

"I would. But I want my daughters with me."

"Hmph. You only want to get us because you know the elders wouldn't accept you as the leader without me. You've become desperate."

"Haha." Rod faked a laugh. He gritted his teeth in annoyance. "Kirari. Come here this instant. You know what I could do. If you keep on disobeying me, I won't hesitate to exterminate that pest you adore."

"Stop speaking ill of her, Papa," Ririka spoke behind her twin.

Karin walked towards his husband and faced him.

"Rod."

"Karin."

"Let's end everything."

Both of them procured a gun and pointed at each other at the same time.

"Mama!" The twins exclaimed.

"Ahh. You've served me well, Karin. But I grew tired of your misconduct. You began acting like your higher than me. Do you think the elders are in favor of you? Hah! You must be stupid! I'm the Momobami! If it's between the two of us, they'll choose me!"

"I never wanted to be recognized by them anyway. If I could choose, I would rather live a simpler life than see my daughters get pitted against other family members for power."

"Hmph. That's what a woman would say. You weak-minded beings. You don't even have an ounce of ambition. That's why you should stay at home and be a good housewife instead. But it's already too late for you."

"I had a dream! But you... You took it all away from me! And if I'm gonna die... I'm taking you with me..."

----

Sasageyo, Yumeko!!

🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈