Obsessions Part 73

"I can do it myself, mom. I'm not a kid anymore."

Karin kneeled in front of you, tying the laces of your shoes.

"Hush. The three of you will always be a baby in my eyes. I've been so occupied with work and barely had any time for the twins. I'm constantly out of the country. But now that I'm staying for good, I will give my attention to all of you as much as I could."

"But this is kind of embarrassing." You said.

Your eyes darted to the door where Sayaka stood. After Kirari's graduation, and you had your off days, Sayaka picked you up almost every day to go jogging. When school resumed though, she could only come on a Sunday.

"There. You're looking good." Karin said. "Now go and have fun. I'll inform Kirari that you went off with your friend when she wakes up."

"Alright, mom. Bye!"

Before you got out of the door, Karin yanked you back to kiss you on the cheeks.

"Take care." She said then waved you off.

You grabbed Sayaka's hand and dragged her outside. Both of your faces turned into crimson for completely different reasons. Without letting go of her, you jogged into the nearest park.

"Uhm."

"Ahh. Were finally here. Mom likes to embarrass me these days."

"President."

"You know what she did last week? She bought the three of us matching underwear! The humiliation I felt! I shouldn't have gone shopping with them!"

"President."

Sayaka tried to call out to you once more.

"Hm? You okay there?" You asked when you noticed her red face.

"M- my hand. President. You could l- let go."

"Hm? Oh."

You let go of her. She turned her back on you while holding onto the hand you grabbed.

"President and I... Are getting more chummy with each other..." She whispered to herself.

"What should we do today, Sayaka?"

"We could ki-" Sayaka blurted out. "I mean- Kick the day off with a little warm-up. Then we could run a few laps."

"All right. I'll follow your lead, as always."

You did as planned. After your exercise, both of you rested on a bench.

"Ahh. That was refreshing!" You said.

"I agree."

"Hey, do you think we should go back to that self-defense class we attended last time?"

"What for?"

"I dunno. It might be of use again someday."

"I don't mind going with you anywhere, President."

"Then-"

Your phone rang. It was Kirari.

"Yes?" You answered.

"Y/n. I will be out for a while. You could take your time with Sayaka today. Don't go anywhere else."

"Where are you going?"

"I'm meeting some family members."

"What for?"

It was silent for a moment before Kirari talked again.

"I'm preparing something special. I can't tell you right now. You would have to wait."

"Alright. Be careful out there."

"I will. You too. Bye, Y/n."

"Bye."

When you put down your phone, you noticed Sayaka's intent stare.

"Is it President Kirari?" She asked.

"Oh, yes. You still call her president, huh. She told me she won't be home so we could spend the rest of the day however we want."

"H- h- however we w- want..."

"Uh-huh. What do you wanna do?"

"That's-"

"Ah! I know! Let's grab some snacks. I know a good place. Come on!"

You led Sayaka onto the busy streets of the city. On your way, you were met with a familiar face.

"Tsumugi!" You called "Fancy meeting you here."

"Oh yeah?" She glanced at the girl beside you then back at you. "Are you two on a date?"

"D- date!?"

"Yeah sure. We're going to eat. Wanna come?"

"Nope. I have some errands. I've got to buy some stuff at the grocery. Plus, I don't want to wreck miss dreamy over there's fantasy." She snickered at Sayaka.

"Oh, that sucks. This place serves really good meals."

"Maybe next time. Anyway, I'm going now Y/n. Smell ya later."

Tsumugi waved goodbye at the two of you after sending Sayaka a teasing look.

"Let's go then."

Minutes of walking later, you arrived at an old Japanese-style restaurant. The sign above says, 'The Pinwheel'. As you entered, a waitress with tangerine hair and was wearing a kimono welcomed you.

"Y/n-chan! Long time no see!"

"Onami-san!"

The two of you hugged before she noticed the girl with you.

"Oh, you have someone with you? Is she your girlfriend?"

"She's the vice president."

"Vice president?"

"Mhm. At school. I'm the president of the student council."

"Really!? That's amazing! Come, sit. I'll serve you our specialty. On the house!"

"No, I'll pay. I know you love the money." You grinned at her.

"I do. But a friend is a much more valuable treasure. Now sit over there and wait." She winked and left you alone.

"Who is she?" Sayaka asked as you settled down on your seats.

"She's the owner and is a friend of mine."

"I see."

'I don't like it. She's too close to Y/n.' Sayaka thought.

Moments later, a blond man came scampering out of the kitchen with your food.

"Y/n-chwaaaan." He was shouting until he reached your table. "Here's your meal m'lady. I made it full of love."

"Thanks, Sanji-kun."

Sayaka was fuming by now. This guy, Sanji or whoever he was, looked at you with his eyes turned into hearts.

"Excuse me." She spoke.

"Oh? You brought another beauty with you!" Sanji sauntered towards Sayaka and kneeled in front of her. He took her hand and was about to kiss them when a rolled-up newspaper hit him in the head.

"Sanji-kun! Leave my customers alone! Let them eat in peace!"

The blond man obeyed. He took off while blowing kisses at everyone.

"Sorry about that."

"It's fine. I'm used to him by now." You said.

"Well then, enjoy your meal!" The owner bowed at you and left.

"Who are these people? They are so weird."

You only laughed at her. After that, the two of you spent the rest of the day together.

-----

No April Fool's chapter but I put a little cameo lmao...

The Halloween thing was enough trauma ✌😭