Obsessions Part 78

"Haah. Haa." You panted. A smirk began to form on your lips as you watched the person in front of you.

"Y/n..." Midari's shaky words reached your ears. "This is so... This feels so... Amaziiiing."

Click...

Midari licked her lips, gently trembling in excitement.

Click...

A sigh escaped from you. It felt like a bit of your soul left your body every time you heard that sound.

You glanced at the eye-patched girl. Her visible eye rolled back and a huge grin was plastered on her lips. Her red face twitched. Her tongue limped beside her mouth, then it moved to lick the top of her lips as her eyes went back to staring at you.

"Y/n. Pull it." She said.

"I will..."

You pointed the revolver at her, making her sweat pour out.

"Y/n!! Come on!! The suspense is killing me!! There's only one bullet in there! Bring this game to its climax!!!"

"Midari!!!" You exclaimed.

Slowly... your fingers pressed on the trigger...

🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫

Earlier...

"President! Don't do this!" Sayaka trailed behind you. She had been berating you the whole morning when you told her you wanted to gamble with Midari.

"I'll be fine, Sayaka. You worry too much."

"But that's because you make me! President, her gambles aren't safe."

"And so is my current life."

"But-"

"I need this, Sayaka. I need to feel this fear. So if I'm faced with the mouth of a pistol from my enemies' hand, I won't falter anymore."

"Please! I don't want you to do this!" Sayaka exclaimed. Her voice hitched.

You stopped walking when she did and glanced at her. Her head was lowered and she was trembling. You stepped towards her. As you get closer, you hear her whimpering.

"Sayaka. I'll be fine. Trust in me. I'm not like before. I can handle myself better now."

She stayed silent. You sighed, your hands encircling the girl as you pulled her into an embrace.

"President." She cried out.

"You're such a worrywart."

After saying those words, you left Sayaka to meet up with the eyepatched council member. She waited for you in a room that looked like detention. A single table sat at the center of the room with Midari leaning against it.

"Y/n. Welcome!" She said as she ran towards you. "I've been waiting for you for too long! Sit, sit."

She pushed you onto the chair she prepared. She was getting a little too excited.

"So? You're ready? You're ready, right? Of course, you are! You wouldn't be here if you arent."  Hahahhhahaa." She said.

"I think so. What kind of training would you put me in?"