Obsessions Part 31

"Mary! Change of plans!"

You walked rapidly with Mary trailing behind you.

"What is it now!? You stupid idiot. Make up your mind!"

-----

"Mama. Will you watch the event?"

The Momobami ladies met up at Kirari's office.

"Of course. I would not miss this. This event would give us the result of our gamble after all."

"Kirari. Are you sure about this? How would (Y/n) beat Murasame if they're on the same side? Plus, he swore never to gamble again. What makes you think he would join?" Ririka asked.

"I'm not so sure."

Kirari sipped her tea. She looked so calm in spite of the situation.

"But I trust (Y/n)." she said.

----

Students gathered on the venue. Sayaka stepped on stage to oversee the event.

"A hundred students have signed up for the event making fifty pairs. We will only choose four pairs to go on to the next round."

"Our game will be rock paper scissors. But this time, each player will have one card of either rock, paper or scissors. You will battle with another player and if you win, you will get all the card the loser have. The first four pairs who gets 20 or more cards will enter the next round. The game will last for ten minutes. If there aren't anymore questions.... let's start!"

"Let's go!!!"

Mary and Suzui both exclaimed. Suzui ran to look for an opponent but stopped and ran back when he noticed his partner wasn't with him. He saw Mary and Yumeko sitting on a chair sipping tea.

"What are you two doing!? We only have 10 minutes!!" he said.

"Relax. There's so much time left." Mary said.

"This tea tastes so good. Try it Suzui."

Yumeko offered her tea with a smile. Suzui looked around worriedly.

"Sumeragi! My card's paper!"

"Okay! Jankenpo! Yay! I win! Here's your money... Next!"

"Mine's rock!"

"Okay!"

Students fall in line at Itsuki's table. She's been giving out cash in exchange for a card until she collected 25.

"That guy has paper. Go for it. You have scissors right?"

"Alright!"

Kiwatari forcefully gambled with the students his partner pointed out. They did that continuously until they collected enough cards.

"Wahhh. There are already two pairs. What should we do!?" Suzui said.

The women ignored him. They did a toast with their teacups and giggled.

"Look at my partner go." Mary said.

Sure enough, Jueri was collecting cards here and there effortlessly. After collecting enough, she looked at Mary. The latter stood up and said goodbye to Yumeko.

"Yumeko... Only one pair left. What shall we do!?"

Suzui walked back and forth.

"Ah. Don't worry too much. Our time will come." Yumeko said.

"What do you mean?"

"Don't worry."

"What do you have anyway?" he asked.