Obsessions Part 49

Hyakkaou Private Academy

Mary sat on the bench. It was lunch time but she had no appetite to eat. She leaned her head back and closed her eyes. Silence.

"It's too silent." she said.

"Mary."

Mary opened one eye and saw Ririka standing beside her. She closed it again and sighed.

"Sit."

The white haired girl sat.

"Is y/n... okay?" Mary asked.

"I honestly don't know. She hasn't left her apartment since then. Don't worry too much though, Kirari's there with her." Ririka answered.

"That's one of my worries, actually. They're getting closer and closer together every minute that passes by. I should be with her."

"Mary."

"Damn it."

Ririka bit her lip. She hesitantly grabbed Mary's hand which surprised the latter.

"What's with you?" Mary said. She immediately sat up but didn't pull her hand away.

"I like you, Mary."

"I-" Mary blushed and looked away. "You've already said that before."

Ririka closed her eyes. A smile slowly crept up her lips. The wind blew her hair softly. Mary stared at her, not noticing herself also smiling.

"Mary."

"You keep on calling my name. What do you want?"

"This place is where I first met you." Ririka whispered.

"Huh?"

Ririka opened her eyes and glanced at Mary.

"Nothing." she said.

"Stop being weird."

Ririka stood up, still holding the other's hand.

"I want to show you something."

"What is it?" Mary asked.

"Just come with me."

Ririka dragged the blonde girl outside of school. A car waiting for them.

"We're skipping? What about the council?"

"It'll be fine. Igarashi-san will take care of everything." Ririka assured.

They rode the car and it drove somewhere.

"I'm starting to pity that girl. You twins are working her to the bone." Mary continued talking.

"She has to be strong. Y/n will need her. A president like her will need a secretary like Igarashi-san."

"Right. You're graduating soon. Y/n will be left. But... what makes you think she won't be replaced?"

"Nothing. I'm not sure she'd stay as the president after we leave, but Kirari thinks otherwise."

"She thinks too highly of Y/n. She must really be blind."

"You'll support her too, won't you?"

"Is that even a question? Of course I would. I need to make sure that idiot would be fine. I'll crush anyone that tries to fight her."

Ririka smiled. They were silent the rest of the way until they reached a huge house. Ririka stepped out followed by Mary.

"Who's house is this? Why are we here?" Mary asked.