6

Donghyuck woke up to a loud knock on his door.

Wait.

A knock on his door?

Donghyuck had a pounding headache when he tried to sit up so he just flopped back down and threw an arm over his eyes.

The knocking got louder until Donghyuck thought it was going to fly off the hinges.

"What?" He croaked out, his throat quiet and hoarse.

The door opened and in stormed a Mark Lee.

He didnt look happy at all.

"Food is wrapped up in the fridge," Donghyuck said as he felt a shiver run down his spin. "Please leave me alone today."

"You should watch who you're talking to," Mark raised his jaw and looked down at Donghyuck, who still had an arm over his eyes.

Donghyuck didn't respond so Mark went over and grabbed him by the collar and yanked him upwards.

Donghyucks eyes opened wide only to squeeze shut when Mark smacked him hard across the face.

He could feel his headache get worse at the stinging in his cheek.

Donghyuck grabbed onto Mark's wrist, trying to get him to let go.

"You don't speak until I do," Mark barked at him. "When I say stay here then you stay here. I dont know what kinda shit you wanted to pull yesterday."

"I...i don't know how I got home," Donghyuck let out meekly, scared to be hit again for speaking.

"One of your dumbfuck friends came here with a tall giant fucker and brought you in," Mark growled in a low tone. "I had to take a hit for you being out for so long."

Donghyuck realized this when he saw the red mark on the elders cheek bone.

"Sorry," Donghyuck submitted, hoping that the elder would go away so he could be sick alone.

"You should be, bitch," Mark snarled again before stomping towards the door. "Unlike you, I have shit to do. I expect food when I get back."

Donghyuck felt his lower lip quiver at that but let out a sigh anyway.

He went to check his messages once Mark left.

Junnie:
I hope you see this in the morning. I said be careful idiot not forget your coat and fall asleep. I'll take notes for you but make sure you take meds and get rest.

Me:
Thanks jun

Donghyuck set some alarms before falling back asleep. He could take medicine and eat later.

Mark came home drunk with a cigarette in his mouth.

"Bitch where's my food?" Mark laughed at himself a little before entering the kitchen.

There was his roommate in a t-shirt and shorts, he was stirring food slowly on the stove. He frowned slightly at the attire before shaking it off.

"Mark," The brunette said in a whisper that made even his throat ache. There was a small metal sound and Marks eyes shot down to his shakey hands.

The pan was moving irrationally in Donghyucks hands and the next thing he knew, the boy collapsed onto his knees. He accidentally took the pan with him and everything was spilled out beside him and the pan landed with a loud thud.

"The fuck are you doing?!" Mark rushed forward and picked up the pan by the handle and throwing it onto the stove. "It be real sweet if you lit the fucking building on fire."

"The smoke," Donghyuck huffed out, looking up at Marks hand. The cigarette sti perfectly lit between his fingers. "It hurts my lungs."

"You mean this?" Mark leaned down in front of Donghyuck and blew smoke in his face.

Mark laughed mockingly and was about to get up when he felt a hand grab onto his sleeve.

"Shit," Mark mumbled as he saw the boy passed out on the floor.

His drunk heart didn't like it.

He put out his cigarette and threw it away before lightly smacking his hand against the boys cheek.

No avail.

He sighed before picking the boy up over his shoulder. "Stupid fucker."

He dropped the boy onto the couch and just stared at him for a moment.

His slightly parted rosy lips, his long dark lashed and his button nose.

P̶r̶e̶t̶t̶y̶

Ugly.

Mark sighed before making his way to the bathroom to pull out what he would call "heat stick and other shit."

He wouldn't want to pay double rent because his roommate died.

He went back into the living room and shoved a thermometer into Donghyucks mouth.

101.

Definitely a fever.

He grabbed some vitamin supplements too because he was sure that the younger hadn't eaten due to the fact their dinner was on the floor.

He put the pills into Donghyucks mouth and he saw the younger swallow subconsciously.

Mark rolled his eyes as he saw Donghyuck snuggle into a pillow beside him.

Mark made his way back to the kitchen to figure out what the fuck he was supposed to eat.

He opened the fridge and was surprised when he cam face to face with a tin.

He yanked it out and read the blue sticky note on top.

Mark,
In case of anything.
Here is what I was going to have for lunch today but you can have it instead.

He peered into the container and there was all the food groups perfectly portioned together.

Gross.

But secretly it took all Mark had in him to throw the sticky note away.