32

Mark came home to a dark apartment.

He had actually gone to a full day of school for the first time since he started high school.

He didn't know what was wrong with him. Ever since he kissed Donghyuck, it was like he could barely open his mouth. He could barely speak insults and he couldn't even speak normal words properly. It was if he drank too much sugar and it was messing with his system.

Instead of leaving his mouth, all his thought were bouncing off the walls of his brain.

He was driving himself insane.

Donghyuck was driving him insane.

It was completely dark besides Donghyucks laptop screen sitting on the coffee table.

The younger brunette nowhere in sight.

There were homework papers spread out all over the table and two open textbooks. He could see a fluffy blanket that had probably been on the couch was now on the floor.

The laptop was open to an email that piqued Marks interest.

It was wrong to snoop through private things.

Marks has always been good at doing the wrong thing.

Mark began to read the email.

My little failure,

Your report card came in the mail today and I saw the big fat zero you have in your science class. A project too. With grades like this you won't be able to survive on your own for much longer. I'll be waiting when you crawl back. I'll see you for your next payment soon.

Love,
Mom

Mark furrowed his brows at the email. A sick feeling twisting in his stomach at the poisonous words sprinkled throughout it.

He didnt understand. What payment? What did she mean by 'crawling back'? And what kind of mother says that to their kid.

Ew.

Mark's heart was showing.

His eyes drifted around their apartment and he could see the light on in the bathroom by the crack in the bottom of the door.

You need to talk to him anyway.

Mark took a deep breath before knocking on the door lightly with a finger. He pressed himself closer and he could hear soft cries, Donghyucks breath hitched when Mark knocked a little louder.

"Im busy," Donghyuck whispered towards the door.

"Can we talk?" Mark leaned against the doorframe when Donghyuck opened the door.

Donghyuck had wet streaks on his face but the active tears seemed to have stopped. His red eyes bore into Marks with zero tolerance for any bullshit Mark was willing to pull.

"Let's talk then," Donghyuck let him into the bathroom and Mark could see fingerprints on the mirror as if Donghyuck dragged his hand down it.

He sat on the toilet seat lid.

He could see ointment sitting on the counter and Mark wondered if it was for Donghyuck or for Jaemin this morning.

Probably both.

Mark looked at the still red and purple bites that went up and down Donghyucks neck.

"Stop staring at me and speak," Donghyuck tilted his head with zero emotions on his face.

"Watch it," Mark growled out of habit but quickly calmed himself again.

Donghyuck had flinched but raised a brow soon after.

"I uh...saw the email," Mark started but it was probably the worst thing to start with.

"Are you fucking serious right now?" Donghyuck rolled his eyes and slapped one of his hands on the counter. "This is what we're going to talk about. My email that actually is none of your business."

Mark gaped like a fish at that before shaking his head. "Sorry."

"I dont get you," Donghyuck shook his head with his tounge pressed to the side of his cheek. "You do all this shit that doesn't matter but you won't even talk about the things that do-"

"I-" Mark tried to defend.

"Why did you kiss me?" Donghyuck raised both of his brows at his own question. The question taking them both off guard.

Mark stayed quiet. Donghyuck didn't know if the boy was thinking about what to say or he really didn't have an answer.

But either way.

He shouldn't have to think about it.

"Whatever then," Donghyuck shrugged and began towards the door but Mark grabbed him by the wrist and pulled him back to the counter.

Mark was all up in his personal space. Mere inches between their faces and their breaths were mingling again.

Donghyuck put his hands on the counter behind him to support himself and to try and create a little distance between them.

Mark's hand reached up and lightly touched the harsh bruises again.

Donghyuck let out a another gasp like this morning but it wasn't as loud as the first.

Marks fingers hesitated for a second before lightly tracing and stroking the marks. He wishes his fingers could erase them.

"M'sorry about these," Mark mumbled as he was so close to Donghyuck that he didnt even have to speak loudly.

"Are you?" Donghyuck whispered out but it truly wasn't even meant to leave his mouth.

"I am," Mark nodded his head, his eyes making contact with Donghyucks for the first time in a while.

His eyes weren't hard, cold and emotionless as they usually were. There was a hint of genuine sorrow in them.

Donghyuck wasn't gonna lie and say he didn't get trapped in them.

"Why did you do it?" Donghyuck whispered out again, his eyes never leaving Marks.

"I...I don't know," Mark murmured out, be was lost in Donghyuck's caramel eyes. The sweet color sucking the salt right out of him.

"You don't know?" Donghyuck gritted his teeth at that. "You can't just-"

Mark cupped Donghyucks face in his hands, effectively shutting the other up.

Mark stood at a distance but his eyes trailed over each soft feature of Donghyucks face as if he was in a trance.

"I won't let that happen again," Mark's eyes trailed again down to the offending Marks on the tan boys gorgeous skin.

It felt tainted.

Taken.

Claimed.

It pissed Mark off to no end.

Mark dived forward to Donghyucks neck and his lips lightly kiss the skin. Before moving to each hickey and trying to cover them with his own marks instead.

"Ah Mark-" Donghyuck grabbed onto his hair and lightly pulled his head back but only enough so that Marks nose bumped into the top of his jaw. "You can't do this if we don't talk about that kiss."

Mark tensed before pulling away, almost as if he was panicked or freaked out by something.

"It..." Mark seemed lost in his own head. "It meant nothing."

Mark walked out of the room faster then he ever has before.

Donghyuck stood there with his neck still bared with his eyes closed.

He didnt even know what the kiss meant to himself.