41

Jeno drove Jaemin to the library later in the day when the pinkette was feeling a bit better. He said he needed to pick up some things from their anyway.

Welp.

It's a library.

And it's Jaemin.

So they somehow ended up in Jaemins nook in the corner of the library. The blankets and pillows still sitting there like they always were.

Jaemins legs were thrown over Jeno's lap as he read the story to Jeno aloud (per Jeno's request because he loves Jaemin's voice.)

Jaemin got about halfway through the second chapter before he noticed Jeno staring at him.

"You....you aren't paying attention," Jaemins nose twitched as he pointed out Jeno's lack of attention.

"I am," Jeno nodded his head and continued to stare at Jaemin.

Jaemin shifted a little bit before looking back up at Jeno again. "...then what did I say?"

Jeno smiled and looked down at Jaemins shins on his lap, he drummed his fingers against them before answering.

"I was paying attention," Jeno's smile widened as he watched Jaemins feet tip back and forth. "I was paying attention to the beauty sitting next to me."

"...what?....where?" Jaemin smiled and looked around in an exaggerated way, trying to mess with Jeno for not paying attention.

He didn't expect to turn back and see Jeno frowning at him.

"Not funny Nana," Jeno scolded him lightly.

"Im sorry..." Jaemin bowed his head, now feeling bad about messing around. "I...I thought it would be."

"Jaemin," Jeno let out a small huff of laughter. "Im not mad because you were trying to joke around."

"Then why are you mad?" Jaemin frowned at that, he didnt want Jeno to be mad at him at all.

Jeno leaned towards Jaemin, he held himself up by his forearm that he laid near where Jaemins hip was sitting.

"Im mad because you suggested I would be looking at someone else," Jeno's contorted into a look of disgust, his nose crinkled making Jaemin giggle a little before looking down shyly.

"Are...are you sure you don't want to?" Jaemin asked as he fiddled with his fingers on his own lap. 

"Want to what?" Jeno furrowed his brows in question and tilted his head.

"...look...at someone else..." Jaemin said quietly but almost as if it would be a given.

"No?...do you?" Jeno's voice spiked a little.

"No!" Jaemin rushed to say and he saw Kun almost shush him out of the corner of his eye but he saw the main librarian smile before returning to his book. "I...I just thought...y'know."

"No, Im sorry but I don't know Nana," Jeno chuckled as he held Jaemins hand in his, playing with the delicate fingers, one of them had a little bruise on them.

"You...you can't really like something thats broken now can you?" Jaemin smiled but it wasn't a happy one, his eyes were glassy as he said it.

Jeno frowned and pulled Jaemin closer to him, so that the boys thighs were resting in his lap and so his head was on his shoulder.

"Yes you can," Jeno wrapped an arm around Jaemins back. "You put a whole lotta love into it and fix it."

"...you want to fix me?" Jaemin played with the strings on Jeno's sweater.

"No," Jeno kissed the side of his head before pulling back and rubbing his hand up and down Jaemin's spine. "You of all things don't need fixing. You're already perfect."

They sat in silence for a minute before Jaemin broke it again.

"Haechannie....he...asked me to move in...with him...them..." Jaemin kept playing with the strings as if they were the most interesting thing in the world.

Jenk froze before laughing. Laughing so much that it scared Jaemin for a minute before he was smiling at the laughing boy.

His eyes smiled at him cutely and Jaemin thought he wouldn't mind looking at them forever.

"Why are you laughing?" Jaemin asked innocently as Jeno placed his head on Jaemin's shoulder and his own shoulders shook with laughter.

"Those two are sneaks," Jeno pulled back and let his free hand rest on Jaemin's ribs, rubbing the area with his thumb. "Mark asked me the same thing this morning."

Jaemins throat felt dry as he asked, "What...what did you say?"

"Yes. I kinda need a place to live right now," Jeno rubbed the back of his neck and sighed. "What did you say cutie?"

"I...said yes but..." Jaemin looked down. "I..can tell him no...if it would make you...uncomfortable with me...being close...living...together."

"Yeah right," Jeno frowned as if it was the worst idea he's ever heard. "You are not going back to that shitty house and that's final and you aren't sleeping on a library floor. You deserve to sleep on a nice bed and be able to eat nice food and be free from any pain. Plus..."

Jeno pulled Jaemin fully into his lap and stared into his eyes with a hot smile.

"...I like being close to you."