53

"...bye bye..." Jaemin waved to Jisung and Chenle when the two youngers decided to get going.

"He's sweet," Jisung said with his hands in his pockets as they walked down the sidewalk.

"Yeah I can see why Jeno hyung likes him so much," Chenle nodded from a few paces ahead of Jisung.

There was a stretch of silence before Chenle turned to look Jisung. He had a soft smile on his face as he looked at the concrete while walking.

"Hey," Chenle looked back up at the sky but kept walking.

He heard Jisung hum.

"Im glad you came," Chenle turned to look the younger in the eyes, the sun behind them making him squint a little bit.

"...me too," Jisung smiled brightly, more brightly then Chenle's ever seen and it took his breath away.

Chenle stopped walking and Jisung almost ran into him but quickly took a step back.

"Why'd you stop?" Jisung looked down at the younger, confused by the look of overwhelming emotion that was laced in the boys eyes. It was a look he couldnt place.

"Do...can you go somewhere with me?" Chenle's voice was quiet, something that Jisung wasn't quite used to but he wasn't going to waste an opportunity to be with Chenle.

He nodded his head the next thing he knew he was following the blonde boy who was walking a bit too quickly.

He didn't expect to be climbing a tree 15 minutes later.

"Give me a boost," Chenle said as he reached his arms up and his hands didn't quite graze the bottom branch.

"What?" Jisung gaped like an idiot when he looked at how tall the tree was.

"What? Give me a boost so we can climb up," Chenle raised his brows as if it was obvious what he was trying to do.

"Are you sure? Its really high-" Jisung gulped as he looked up at the tall tree. The way it glowed in the sun and how the large creek next to it glowed too.

But it was still super tall.

"Look either you give me a boost or we can just go home," Chenle let his face drop before shaking his head a little bit. Jisung was making this a lot harder than it needed to be.

"No! Ok ill give you a boost," Jisung bent down and clasped his hands together before Chenle stepped up on them and Jisung quickly lifted him til he grabbed onto a tree branch and swung himself up.

"Good," Chenle nodded, a little out of breath before looking up. "You ready?"

Jisung sighed but nodded. "Yeah."

That's how they ended up in a tree. Chenle sat on a thick branch with his back leaning on the trunk of it.

Jisung sat on the same branch but sideways with his hands gripping around the branch underneath him to keep him balanced.

He looked around and watched the warm glow of the houses, bridges and trees they could see from so high. The warm glow felt good on his skin and he couldnt deny it looked good on Chenle's too.

He said what's been on his mind all week.

"Tommorow...our bet ends tomorrow," Jisung swung his feet a little bit before tilting his head to look at Chenle.

"It does," Chenle nodded his head and pulled one of his knees to his chest.

"Did I change your mind?" Jisung asked slowly.

There was the question that Jisung needed an answer to or he had no idea what he was going to do with himself.

He couldn't go back to how things were before.

He doesn't know how he could.

Chenle changed him.

"Did I change yours?" Chenle reversed gently, his hands picking his nails as he looked up at Jisung.

Chenle looked tired but nervous.

He didn't look tired physically but mentally and it makes Jisung wonder if Chenle's been struggling as much as he has.

Jisung couldnt let this go.

Whatever it was.

"You did," Jisung nodded his head and dropped his head down before remembering that eye contact would be best. "You changed my mind the first time you showed me what the clouds really looked like...I didn't know there could be more ways to look at something."

Chenle felt the air rush out of his lungs. His heart and lungs squeezed hard in his chest and it physically hurt.

"Then...why did you say all those things?" Chenle's voice was strangled, holding back the same tears he's cried every night.

"I was confused..." Jisung sighed as he thought back to that day the way he's done every night since it's happened. "I didn't know how to deal with what I was feeling and I wrongly took it out on you. It's not an excuse and like you said I had no right. I'm sorry."

There was a long pause before Chenle spoke again. "What were you feeling?"

That was another question that broke through Jisung like a knife.

"I didn't know what I was feeling at the time," He smiled bitterly at Chenle. "But I know now...I like you Chenle. I really really like you. More than a friend."

Chenle felt like he was dying and going to heaven. He couldn't hear anything but his own heartbeat in his ears as he stared at Jisung's face. How genuine the boy seemed to be. How all the features were much softer and brighter since the first time he ever looked at Jisung.

"I like you too..." Chenle whispered with teary eyes and a smile.

Jisungs eyes widened and his hands loosened a bit in shock.

"JISUNG!" Chenle yelled at the top of his lungs when the branch shook.

Jisung fell out of the tree.