35

Donghyuck heard a few knocks on the front door and he groaned at the thought of standing up.

Mark had walked out of the apartment a couple hours ago, leaving Donghyuck to his thoughts about what the hell was going on between them.

"Jeno?" Donghyuck furrowed his brows at the boy standing at the door. He was holding a black helmet in his hands and he looked a bit nervous.

"Oh uh hey," Jeno smiled politely at him. "I came to talk to Mark."

"Uh Mark's not here right now," Donghyuck fumbled with confusion. Mark didn't say anything about Jeno coming over.

"What do you mean he's not here?" Jeno's face dropped at that. Something appearing in his eyes that Donghyuck couldn't interpret.

"He's not here? Why is something-" Donghyuck began to tilt his head. Did Mark get himself into something?

"No I gotta find him-" Jeno turned to leave but Donghyuck grabbed onto his shoulder.

"I'll go with you," Donghyuck said while putting on his shoes. Why did he care? He didn't know but he felt a bit of a burn in his heart at the thought of Mark in danger.

"No, you really shouldn't...it could be dangerous and it would be best if i handled it alone-" Jeno tried to make the brunette stay but Donghyuck was having none of it as he threw on a hoodie.

"I'm going," Donghyuck pulled Jeno out of the building. Jeno just sighed and led them out to his motorcycle.

Jeno felt a bit grateful that he wasn't the only one that cared about Mark.

At least not anymore.

Mark was so confused.

He knows why he said that to Donghyuck but he also doesn't at the same time.

He kicked a rock across the street on his walk.

He remembered to how pretty Donghyuck looked. His neck bared to him and him only. He remembered the other night when his lips met Donghyucks smooth full ones. The way they seemed to collide perfectly. The sparks he felt when he kissed him.

Mark kicked the rock aggressively again, hearing the way it broke when it hit one of the brick walls of a building.

He stopped when he heard a motor running. His defenses turned on and he clenched his fists before glancing behind him.

He relaxed when he saw Jeno's bike making a stop towards him.

"Geez Jen-" Mark raised a hand to pinch his nose bridge but froze when he saw another body get off Jeno's bike.

"Hyung are you crazy," Jeno gritted his teeth towards his older brother, worry sinking hard onto his face. "Do you not know the date today?"

Shit.

Mark's eyes widened as he looked around them in caution.

Today was deal day.

His gang had tricked another smaller gang into a sketchy deal of drugs. They cheated the other gang out of the drugs and the money.

You never stayed out on deal day.

You could be killed on deal day.

"You shouldn't even know about that," Mark hissed in a whisper at his younger brother. "And now that you do, why the fuck did you bring him with you?"

Mark peered behind Jeno to the worried locking brunette. Donghyucks eyes were turned towards the ground, trying to give the brothers space.

"He didnt give me a choice," Jeno shrugged his shoulders. "He came because he cares Mark."