18

A/N: ok but long haired haechan was G.O.R.G.E.O.U.S

"Are you seriously going? You gotta be out of your mind hyuck," Renjun sounded exasperated on the other side of the phone.

"Every month jun," Donghyuck sighed, hating how he had to remind himself of that. "Every month until it's payed off."

"Still, do you want me to come with you?" Renjun asked genuinely.

"No, im already here," Donghyuck walked to the front of the gates. "I'll see you tomorrow."

"Donghyuck-"

Donghyuck hung up the phone and went to press the doorbell next to the gate.  His hands hating how tight he was gripping the stuffed envelope.

All the memories from last time flooding his senses.

Flashback

He was sitting at the dining room table. His homework spread all around him as his mothers voice shouted at him.

Well he was an orphan.

She had adopted him when he was 8 years old.

She yelled at him.

Everyday.

"Donghyuck put on your fancy clothes. Guests are coming over."

"Donghyuck your grades need to be higher."

"Donghyuck that shirt makes you look fat. You don't want to be fat."

"You want to be successful don't you? Then you have to marry a nice lady not some rough man."

"Stop being such a girl."

Then there was one day where he got fed up. Where certain words stung more than the rest and he couldnt take it anymore. Words that came out of his adoptive mothers mouth.

He remembers them loud and clear. She said them the day he failed a little quiz.

"You are nothing!" She screamed in his face, throwing his papers across the table. "You will never amount to anything. You can't even do simple things right. We paid for all of your shit and this is how you repay us? By being a failure-"

"Then ill leave!" Donghyuck yelled back at her. It was the first time he had every yelled in that house. "Ill get the fuck out of here so I don't have to worry you anymore. As if you ever cared anyway."

"You think you can just walk out without paying us?" She glared at him with a smirk. "You are forever in debt with us Donghyuck. The second you leave, you will crawl back here."

Donghyuck doesn't regret leaving that day. Not when he was homeless for a few weeks. Not when he slept on Renjuns bed for a few weeks. Not when he struggled to find a job and not when he struggled keeping up with school.

He regrets letting her do anything for him.

Because now he has to repay his debt.

End of flashback.

"Who is it?" Their butler called through the entrance speaker.

"Donghyuck," Donghyuck clicked his tounge. The butler never liked him anyway.