14

"How did you do on that test?" Chenle asked Jisung at lunch, a continuous routine where they sit under Jisung's favorite tree.

Jisung hasn't even complained about him sitting there in two days. He counted that as a win.

"I did alright," Jisung shrugged, his eyes closed like they usually were.

"Do just love nap time or something?" Chenle cleaned his hands on a paper towel.

Jisung opened his eyes and glared at Chenle before closing his eyes again:"The world is better when your eyes are closed."

Chenle snorted before lying next to Jisung. They taller not noticing because his eyes were closed.

"...not true," Chenle rolled his eyes, looking above him.

"You close your eyes and the ugly disappears. Everything thats wrong with the world gets closed out," Jisung said as he squeezed his eyes shut tighter.

Chenle took the bitter words with a sigh and tried closing his eyes. Nothing but darkness. Sadness. Bitterness.

"Jisung?" Chenle said in a soft voice.

"Hmm?" Jisung hummed in a soft tone.

"Open your eyes for just a minute," Chenle asked him, already looking up himself.

Jisung sighed through his nose before opening his eyes.

"Look at the cloud over there," Chenle pointed to a cloud to the right. "I see a knight."

"Im not cloud watching," Jisung raised a brow. "...its a fish."

Chenle giggled and tilted his head. "Ahhh I see that too!"

"Look at that one," Chenle pointed to another cloud in the center of the sky. "I see a dolphin with a hat."

"What? No way its definitely a Pringle chip," Jisung squinted his eyes.

"No~ turn your head to the right," Chenle whined pointing at the cloud. "See the tail and the party hat?"

He did.

Jisungs eyes widened at the new angle. He saw two pictures in one thing.

" 'kay last one," Chenle pointed to the furthest one in the sky. "Tell me what you see."

"...I see a mountain, a high mountain above a city," Jisung started, unsure if he was actually looking at a cloud. "With people looking through the windows up at the sun. Happy with each other. No problems in the world...as if the mountain connects them and protects them all."

There was a moment of silence before Chenle hummed.

"Huh....I see the batman symbol," Chenle said after a while with his mouth open. "But i think that sounds a lot more pretty."

Jisung turned on his side to look at Chenle. He watched the way the boys eyes scanned all over the sky. The way his chest took slow and deep breaths. How calm his face looked while looking at the things around him.

Jisung felt his breath get caught in his throat when Chenle spoke softly again. His voice rocking Jisungs core because of how peaceful it sounded.

"Ooh I found another small one over there," Chenle pointed slowly to the sky.

"I see a planet. What do you see?" Chenle asked, already turning his head to try and see what the younger boy was going to say.

"I see you," Jisungs voice traveled through Chenle's ears.

Chenle turned his head towards Jisung in suprise to find the blonde staring at him.

"Im glad you're finally seeing something," Chenle turned on his side to face him. "...I see you too."

The bell rang signaling the end of the period. They went their separate ways but nothing could break their soft smiles. Not even the dark clouds later in the night.