24

Nono:
Hey Jaemin I'm so so sorry but I have to cancel our study session today.

Me:
It's Jaemin

Me:
That's ok

Nono:
I know its you cutie. I have your contact, remember?

Me:
Oh

Me:
Yes

Nono:
Let me know when you're free for that date though 😉

Me:
Ok 😳

Nono:
Get home safe Nana

Me:
Thank you

Me:
You too Nono

Nono:
Thank you sweetheart ❤

Jaemins heart stuttered at that but he slowly cleaned up his stuff and started to slowly make his way home.

He had no other choice but to go home now. He had stayed at the library for a few days now and it would be suspicious if he didn't.

He didn't want to go home.

Jaemin instantly felt like he was walking on eggshells when he went into his house.

The awful smell of his drunk father and the dirty house that his mother kept made him feel sick.

He was hoping to skip out on one today. Remembering the last time he had come home with something unusual.

Flashback

Jeno Lee had let him borrow his jacket.

Jaemin sniffed the collar on his way home and was welcomed by the light smell of an ocean with a hint of a campfire.

He inspected it on his way home. The comforting way it almost covered his finger tips and how you couldn't see his shirt underneath because it was large around him.

The warmth of the soft material on the inside and how the sleeves made his arms look lost and the way it covered his bum completely.

Another lovely feature was when Jaemin stuck his hand in the pocket and there was a small bubble gum lollipop that Jaemin decided to steal and eat.

He liked this jacket.

It was comforting in the same way the boy who owned it was.

He felt untouchable in it.

He felt safe in this jacket.

But just because you feel that way doesn't mean its true.

"What the fuck are you wearing?" His mother laughed at him when he entered the house late. She glanced at him up and down before calling his father into the room.