36

"Im ok."

The whispered words catching them all in a trance.

Jeno coughed pulling them out of their moment.

"I hate to interrupt but we can't stay out here," Jeno reasoned as he looked at the dark clouds forming in the sky. "Its not safe."

Mark pulled away from the younger boy with a small blush on his face before nodding his head: "Take him with you and I'll walk back."

"You can't walk," Donghyuck cut in with urgency. "We can either take turns or I can walk back with you."

Mark went to argue again but Jeno gave a small chuckle and rubbed the back of his neck.

"I uh kinda only have enough gas for one trip," Jeno looked shyly between the two roommates.

"What?" Mark raised a brow. "I went with you and we both filled out tanks this morning."

"Well I drove out somewhere with Jaemin and then I drove him home and then went to your house and then here so-"

"What do you mean you drove him home?" Donghyuck cut it, his friend instincts kicking in.

"...I drove him home?" Jeno raised a brow at Donghyuck. "I wasn't going to just leave him or anything. He wanted me to drop him off at the library but I wanted to make sure he got home safe-"

"Oh no," Donghyuck pinched his nose bridge. "Oh my god."

Mark and Jeno turned to attention at the brunette in distress.

"Why does it matter if-" Mark tried to ask, also confused about whats going on.

"Jaemin's in danger," Donghyuck swallowed. "We need to go get him. Right now."

"What do you mean danger?" Jeno furrowed his brows at that. He didnt want to think of Jaemin in any harm.

"Ugh would you stop asking me stupid questions?" Donghyuck snapped at him. "I dont have time to explain right now. Drive me to his house."

"Donghyuck you said its dangerous," Mark said in a low tone, his defenses still up due to the previous rush of events. "I don't think you should-"

"His parents beat him," Donghyuck said shakily but his determination showed clearly. "His parents beat that beautiful boy and I dont know why. They hurt him. They are hurting him and I dont want him to get hurt anymore."

"Let's go," Jeno's face was stone cold, a face that Donghyuck or anybody at school has ever seen on the sweetest Lee brother.

Donghyuck got situated on the back of Jeno's bike and Mark came up to secure the strap under his chin.

It was a bit awkward because the last time they talked and with another unexplained kiss.

"You stay safe and listen to what Jeno says," Mark demanded while looking into Donghyucks eyes. "I will meet you guys there and ill take you home but don't get yourself into any trouble. We'll....we'll talk tonight."

Marks voice softened at the end of the sentence , he didn't let Donghyuck reply because he turned around to grab his brothers wrist and speak to him.

"He comes back in one piece," Mark pushed his finger into Jeno's chest. "...I know you're worried about Jaemin but make sure you don't do anything irrational."

Jeno nodded his head with a clenched jaw.

"We'll talk when you get back too,"Mark caught his shoulder and gave him an understanding smile.