56

"Sung don't worry about-" Jeno was saying to the finally awake Jisung when the door opened.

Jisung was sitting up in his hospital bed and staring at him with wide eyes, the same way he was staring at Jisung. Jisung had a purple bruise on his cheek and a larger on his jaw. He had been told by the doctor that Jisung broke two ribs and a minor concussion.

Nobody was speaking. Just watching the pair stare at each other in silence.

"Chenle," Jisungs voice shaked with relief, almost like a shudder.

Chenle felt his eyes well up when Jisung gave him a small smile.

Jisung frowned again upon seeing the overwhelming amount of tears filling up in Chenle's eyes. He watched as Chenle continued to stare at him from his place under Donghyucks arm.

"Chenle? Whats wro-"

"I'm sorry!" Chenle wailed and shot forward as fast as he could. Wrapping his arms around Jisungs neck and clinging to him like his life depended on it. "I'm sorry Jisung! Please don't hate me. I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry-"

Chenle was crying into Jisung, sobbing apologies over and over again into the boys shoulder.

Jisung was suprised but let a small smile take over his face as he slowly wrapped his arms around the olders waist, it was a bit hard with the way Chenle was sitting on the side of the bed.

Jisung looked to the others from where his chin was over Chenle's shoulder. He gave them a small look of gratitude when Mark began to usher them out the door so they could have some privacy.

"Chenle," Jisung whispered and Chenle just clung tighter at the sound of his name rolling of Jisungs tounge. A part of him broke at the thought of never hearing it again. "Why are you crying?-"

"Im sorry," Chenle's sob was whiny. "I-i, you c-could've died a-and it's a-all my fault!-"

Chenle was back to breaking down again, his asthma staring to get the best of him.

"Shh," Jisung held him closer and shushed him, not wanting Chenle to pass out or throw up with how much he's crying.

Chenle let out another pitchy cry against his shoulder, sounding like a puppy when they whine.

Chenle was shaking violently against him but his crying just turned to glassy eyes and sniffles.

Jisung thought it would be ok to pull away and ask.

Jisung was wrong.

Jisung began to pull the blonde back a bit but Chenle let out the most terrified and loud squeak he's ever heard. Like when a child gets taken away from their mother.

It even scared him a bit.

"NO!" Chenle yelled and made every effort to make Jisung hold him tightly again. "No please! I-i'm s-sorry. I love you! Please d-dont, i-i beg you please-"

Jisung was frozen as Chenle nuzzled his way as close to Jisung as he could get. The fear of losing him fresh in his veins and Jisung could feel Chenle's heart beating way faster than it should.

Jisung's own heart was beating fast too but not for the same reason.

I love you.

Jisung felt his own eyes well up but he kept his tears in as he hugged the boy as gently as he could.

The fondest smile on his face at the way Chenle had his cheek on his shoulder and was sniffling like a baby.

"I love you too," Jisung whispered into Chenle's ear, soft and gentle as if a normal or loud tone would break the blonde boy, which it probably would.