23

"Is that why you're always alone?" Chenle asked Jisung when the taller entered his house.

Chenle had to text him and remind him that they still had a bet going on and that coming to people's houses is included in friendships.

Jisung shrugged when Chenle pointed to his couch, asking him to sit down.

"Depends," Jisung let his head tilt back when Chenle sat next to him and turned on his Nintendo switch on the TV.

"Play with me," Chenle disassembled the controllers and handed Jisung one of them.

Animal Crossing popping up on the screen.

Jisung took the controller wordlessly. He instantly created a character on Chenle's island and Chenle smiled but didn't say anything.

Jisung's played this before.

"What is depression for you then?" Chenle asked as he watched Jisung get his tent from the greedy and money hungry demon they called Tom Nook.

(A/N: My house debt in Animal Crossing makes me hate Tom Nook with a fiery passion and I am not sorry.)

"It's isolation within myself," Jisung answered simply as he placed his house questionably close to Chenle's. "It's not being able to get up some days. Its not being able to actually get out and do something. Anything. Its my brain breaking the rest of my body apart so nothing can be done. It's a bit different then yours."

Chenle's fingers froze on his controller, his character coming to a stop infront of the beach.

"Whats that supposed to mean?" Chenle narrowed his eyes at Jisung.

Jisung glanced at him with a side eye but continued to play.

"You still get out. You put yourself out as a happy person and you make friends with that kind of persona. Depression sucks but you somehow keep your body going smoothly," Jisung shrugged his shoulders as he fished.

"You're wrong," Chenle shook his head before picking up his controller again.

"Am I?" Jisung kept his eyes on the screen but raised a brow.

"Yes. You are," Chenle clutched his controller harder. "Just because I can be happy doesn't mean I am. My brain rips my body apart too. I feel like I have a constant hurricane running through my body of negative emotions. Don't act like I'm not like you because I can actually enjoy parts of life."

Chenle froze after that last sentence. He looked at Jisung who had closed his eyes, probably hurt by those words.

"I- I'm sorry," Chenle apologized quickly.

"It's whatever," Jisung shook his head with a straight face.

They sat in silence for a while before Chenle spoke again, his head downwards as he looked at his knees.

"Do you know why I decided to 'bother' you of all people?" Chenle said as his finger fidgeted.

"I don't," Jisung shook his head but looked at Chenle as the blonder spoke.

"I saw you on my first day of school," Chenle said, clasping his hands together and tilting his head back to look at Jisung. "You were sitting at that one tree during homeroom."

"I have gym first thing-" Jisung tried to say.

"I know," Chenle cut in. "I saw you laying there in the sun with your eyes closed. Nothing was around you. Nothing was bothering you. It was just you laying there peacefully in the sun."

Jisung's cheeks turned pink at that but he kept quiet.

"I instantly knew I wanted to be your friend," Chenle smiled bitterly. "I wanted to figure out how you could be so peacefully. How to let nothing bother me like it seemed it didn't to you."

"Well I'm sorry you didn't get what you expected," Jisung clutched onto his own controller and looked at his lap.

He only looked up when he heard a small laugh.

"I didn't but a large part of me likes this much better," Chenle smiled at him before going back to playing the game.

Jisung stared at him suprise for a while before going back to playing his game.

His heart was beating too fast and he didn't know why.

It felt nice.