38

Donghyuck peered into room for a quick second and smiled softly at the two boys cuddled in bed, the soft snores the only sound in the room.

He couldn't but be a bit jealous of the cuties. He wonders if they are dating yet?

He closed the bedroom door softly before making his way to the living room and grabbing himself a mug of hot chocolate.

Mark was in the shower and Donghyuck wasn't sure how their talk was going to go or if Mark even remembered they were supposed to talk at all.

Donghyuck was tired.

All the events of the day playing in his mind and his energy levels dropping along with it.

Donghyuck set his hot chocolate down on the table and put on some soft songs on his phone. He laid down with his eyes closed before humming the small tunes coming out of the speakers.

He eventually began to sing the songs softly without realizing.

"You...you have a pretty voice."

Donghyucks eyes jolted open when he heard the deep voice. Mark was staring at him with damp hair and his hands in his pockets.

"Thank you," Donghyuck said as he turned to shut the music off but Mark's voice stopped him.

"You can...you can leave it on," Mark trailed off. "I uh, like this song."

Donghyuck raised a brow as the song playing was a sweet ballad. "That makes two of us."

"You look tired," Mark pointed out like an idiot. "You can go to bed if you want...we can- talk y'know later."

Who knew that big bad guy Mark Lee could be this nervous and dorky?

Donghyuck just stared at him without saying a word until Mark looked down away from him.

"No," Donghyuck said simply before leaning back on the couch and opening his arms. "Cuddle me."

Mark choked and took a step back. "What?"

Donghyuck opened one eye to look at Mark from his spot on the couch.

"You left me on read in real life like 4 times," He glared at Mark, loving the way Mark swallowed nervously. "And you've made my boring life go insane. I'm asking for one thing so get your ass over here and cuddle me."

Mark and Donghyuck stood in a staring contest with each other before Mark shyly made his way over to the couch.

"C'mon," Donghyuck put his arms in the air again and motioned him forwards with his hands. "Adjust us."

Mark took one of Donghyucks small hands in his before leaning forward slowly. His other hand hesitated to touch Donghyuck.

Donghyuck rolled his eyes and grabbed Marks other hand, putting it under his ribs so the boy could move him.

Mark finally pushed the other boy so his back was against the couch and Mark laid down next to him, he hesitantly put his face in Donghyucks neck and pushed his body as close to Donghyucks as it could get. Almost as if he wanted his body to cover Donghyuck like a shell, a protective shield.

"Do you want to talk about it now?" Donghyuck asked gently and one of his hands went to play with Marks hair.  The now dried and freshly washed locked were soft in his fingers. The opposite way he would ever have described anything about Mark Lee.

There was a moment of silence before Donghyuck felt the hands on his back bring him closer.

"I'm sorry," Mark mumbled into his neck.

Donghyuck stopped his hand that was in Marks hair and moved it down to cup the back of Marks neck and a bit of his jaw.

"Mm for what?" Donghyuck was absolutely going to milk it for all it was worth. He was friends with Huang Renjun after all.

"All of it," Mark's nose rubbed against Donghyucks neck like an apology.

"...does that include the kiss?" Donghyuck said in a whisper, part of him hoping that Mark would be honest about it.

Good or Bad.

Because then he would at least get the truth from Mark.

"If you hated it...then yes," One of Marks hands traveled to Donghyucks hip and his thumb rubbed it up and down.

"And....and if I didn't?" Donghyuck said slowly, cautious and unsure of what Mark would say.

Mark's whole being froze before he pulled away from Donghyucks neck to look at him.

"...then...I'm not sorry about it," Mark let out a small breath of air that Donghyuck could feel with how close they were to each other. He could smell mint giving that Marks just brushed his teeth.

Donghyuck didn't say anything but he moved his hand to the side of Marks jaw and stroked the long bone.

"Why did you kiss me?" Mark whispered in the small place between them, his hand coming up to circle Donghyucks wrist.

"...uno...reverse?" Donghyuck bit his lip to try and hold back a smile, honestly he was afraid to say anything that Mark wouldn't agree with.

Mark let out a small huff of laughter as he closed his eyes and smiled. "I can't believe you just said that."

"I'm Lee Donghyuck," Donghyuck smiled back at him. "It's what I do."

"Im Mark Lee," Mark moved his hand back down to circle around Donghyucks lower back. "I like what Lee Donghyuck does."

"Ehhhh," Donghyuck teased with a shake of his head. "Lee Donghyuck likes some of what Mark Lee does."

Mark raised both brows at that and brought the brunette closer. "Yeah?"

"Yeah," Donghyuck said breathlessly as Marks face seemed to be closer than before. "If Mark Lee likes what Lee Donghyuck does.....does Mark Lee like Lee Donghyuck?"

There it was.

The question that would finally explain or not explain everything between them.

Mark's breath hitched in a way that Donghyuck thought he might not be breathing.

"He does..." Mark closed his eyes and pressed his forhead against Donghyucks. "Does...Lee Donghyuck like him too?"

Donghyuck felt like he stopped breathing too before he leaned forward so their noses were touching.

"He does."

Mark leaned forward and finally captured Donghyucks lips in a sweet and soft kiss, it wasn't as hesitant as the first and they both felt addicted.

Donghyuck pulled Marks face closer and Mark pulled Donghyuck closer to him by his lower back.

They shared too many kisses that night, soft and short pecks and long passionate ones.

They ended up falling asleep wrapped all in eachother but they had a smile on their faces.

They still didn't know what they were but they could always talk about it in the morning.