57

Chenle woke up to mumbled voices.

"Ah Mr.Park," He heard a voice say, probably the doctor. "Im sorry to uhm bother you and your friends but I just wanted to let you know that you can be dismissed later today."

"Oh thank you sir," He heard Jisung say, he felt whatever he was laying on move up and down under his head.

"Please be careful not to injure yourself further," The doctor said to Jisung before he heard the door close softly.

He heard Jisung take a deep breath through his nose before he felt a finger parting his hair on his forehead.

"I know you're awake," Jisung gave a quiet laugh when Chenle froze and slowly opened his eyes.

He gave a little look around the room to see that their friends came back but were asleep.

Jisungs room had two hospital beds in it and Renjun was sleeping like a starfish in the one next to them.

Jeno and Jaemin were sitting next to each other in chairs, Jaemin had his head on Jeno's shoulder and Jeno's rested on top of Jaemin's, their hands clasped together between them.

Mark and Donghyuck were sitting in chairs next to them, Donghyucks legs thrown over Marks lap and tucked into his side. Marks arm was wrapped around his back to keep him in place.

"Im sorry," Chenle whispered, one of his hands balled into a fist against Jisung's hospital gown.

"Stop saying sorry," Jisung whispered back to him, one of his hands reaching out to hold one of Chenle's.

Chenle wanted to cry again but he thought it would best to try not to. He didn't want to overwhelm Jisung.

"I...I should go home," Chenle began to sit up while Jisung frowned and held onto his wrist.

"Chenle...we have to talk about this," Jisung said softly, still trying not to wake anyone up.

"I know but look where thats gotten us," Chenle waved his hands in an exaggerated motion. Frustration peaking in his eyes as he looked over Jisung again.

"That's because we haven't listened Chenle," Jisung's smile was small and bitter. "You talked and I haven't listened and when I talked you didn't listen either. We need to be willing to listen."

Chenle felt defensive as he stood up from the bed and crossed his arms across his chest. "...ok..."

"I'm sorry," Both of them said at the same time, making Chenle blush while Jisung gave him a soft smile.

"Can I go first?" Chenle made eye contact Jisung and tilted his head back to stare at the ceiling when the tall boy nodded.

"Im sorry for bothering you on my first day of school," Chenle started, feeling a fragile sensation in his knees. "Im sorry for bothering you, forcing my way into your life when that wasn't what you wanted. I'm sorry for all the times I've annoyed you or followed you. I'm sorry for yelling at you and I'm sorry that your in a hospital right now...I'm sorry the my existence that I forced into your life."

"Chenle..." Jisung felt his stomach sinking to the ground. "...Donghyuck told me about what happened on the rood last night."

Chenle's shoulders tensed as he looked to the side with tears in his eyes, defensiveness and stubbornness showing in his features.

"Tell me whats wrong," Jisung's voice was calm but demanding. "I can't help you if you don't-"

"Im scared! Ok? Im scared Jisung!" Chenle yelled at him, not thinking about how loud he was being.

"What are you scared of-" Jisung furrowed his brows and wanted to reach out to the boy but the other backed away until his back hit the door.

"You. You terrify me. I saw you the first day I moved here and was trapped in the thought of you ever since. How calm you were...how peaceful everything was around you. I didn't understand. I have demons in my head that make simple tasks hard. Then I met you and they don't talk as much. It scares me that you did that. I'm scared that I'm just going to fuck up your life more than I already have. I'm not going to be good enough for you. I can't even be good enough for myself," Chenle's voice was vulnerable, open and downright scared.

Jisung didn't know what to make of the words because he felt every single thought and feeling Chenle felt. He felt the exact same way about the blonde.

Jisung's chest hurt when he saw Chenle start sniffling again, the constant emotions and voices probably hurting and overwhelming him.

"Chenle," Jisung called to the older, reaching his hand out for Chenle to take. "Go on a date with me."

Chenle stared at the hand but did nothing. Part of him not understanding what that had to do with his fears.

"Take my hand," Jisung shook his hand at Chenle.

Chenle hesitantly placed his on Jisungs, Jisung immediately surrounded the small hand with his larger one.

"Look, you've had a long 2 two days," Jisung pulled Chenle's hand to his chest. "You're heart and brain are overwhelming you. Let's go on a date this weekend and I'll tell you everything on my mind. Everything. But for now I think you need to get some rest, proper rest with all those cute pillows and blankets you keep on your bed-"

Chenle let out a little laugh and wiped under his eye with his index finger before nodding his head.

Chenle was about to pull away when Jisung gave his hand a comforting squeeze. "I love you."

Chenle was sti hurt and confused but he didn't lie when the words came put of his mouth. "I love you too."

Jisung sighed with a smile when he watched Chenle walk out of the room.

Renjun, who had been the only one woken by Chenle's yelling, was secretly clutching his shirt above his heart. His secret little drama ship was sailing and he couldnt be happier. Hell he couldnt wait to gush to Lucas about it later.

After all.

They weren't just friends anymore.